Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need some help. Yesterday I was in the parking lot with the engine running as I was writing some staff down, radio off, when suddlenly a
big rumming noise and vibration started. I start to look around to see what was causing it, for my surprise,it was coming from my engine!
I could no believe that it was caming from radiator fan! I got off the car, put my hand on the hood and left side over the headlight and it was vibration like crazy!
I have never notice that before, but it sure did not seem natural, or is it???
Any ideas??!!
Thanks
David

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Yes when the engine gets to hot the fan will kick on real high. It is normal and does make alot of noise. When the engine get back down it will run normally. You should hear the one on this diesel when it kicks on!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it normal?? It is hard to believe... How about the vibration in the truck, specially on the outside? I can understand the noise, but the vibration...is it normal also?? Should I have the dealer check on it??
Thanks?

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Mine did the same thing. Theres 3 8mm bolts that came loose a little and causes it to become very loud when it kicks on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
its not normal theres a tsb on all models. i just got mine done. it was doing the same thing your was doing. the only thing they replace is one bolt and install some insulating tape. it really does fix it though.

·
Super Moderator
93,609 Posts
If you're uncomfortable with the vibration then absolutely take it into the Dealer and have them check it out. That is what your warranty is for!

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Mine just started doing it again!!! this thread jinxed me. lol Im gonna try to tighten it one more time and if it doesnt work im going back to the dealer.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it cover under the warranty?? Did they charge you guys anything to fix it??
I have a 2006 LE Crew
Thanks
David

1 - 9 of 9 Posts