Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, last night I'm driving home, and listening tothe radio, a new song starts... plays for a second or two and then the sound cuts out, I look at the radio and the time (track time) is frozen, and it will not respond to any buttons. I pulled off into a parking lot, turned off the truck, restarted it... now it's just blank with the clock showing, and I can't get any response out of any buttons. It still doesn't turn on this morning.

Truck is all stock, only 3 weeks old, no time for mods lol. So I couldn't of even possible done anything to mess with it I know of.
It's an SE with just the 6 disc mp3 deck, NOT the RF system, if that makes a difference.

Was listening to an MP3 cd (all I ever do) and I dunno what happened.

Anyone with a similar problem or any suggestions?

Being sunday... I gotta wait until tomorrow to take it into the dealer. So hopefully something works out.

·
Registered
255 Posts
TitanJB said:
Well, last night I'm driving home, and listening tothe radio, a new song starts... plays for a second or two and then the sound cuts out, I look at the radio and the time (track time) is frozen, and it will not respond to any buttons. I pulled off into a parking lot, turned off the truck, restarted it... now it's just blank with the clock showing, and I can't get any response out of any buttons. It still doesn't turn on this morning.

Truck is all stock, only 3 weeks old, no time for mods lol. So I couldn't of even possible done anything to mess with it I know of.
It's an SE with just the 6 disc mp3 deck, NOT the RF system, if that makes a difference.

Was listening to an MP3 cd (all I ever do) and I dunno what happened.

Anyone with a similar problem or any suggestions?

Being sunday... I gotta wait until tomorrow to take it into the dealer. So hopefully something works out.
I have not had this issue, but the dealer is a good choice. One other thing you could do would be to take the negative batt. cable off for about an hour. The radio (if you don't already know) has a constant power lead for the clock, ect. If you un-do the cable, it will lose all power. That may reset it!

Colin

·
Registered
19 Posts
There is a thread ongoing about this,

Try the fuse first then the battery second.

If you can remember exactly what song, please do because I am wondering if it has something to do with the encoding of the Mp3 more than the system.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spoke to the dealer this morning, they ordered me a new radio. I never tried the battery... my dad suggested that i not, atleast before I take it in, they didn't even check it out really, i just told them, he nodded and went and got a form. Said my new radio would be in in about 4 days... so that means i'll have to spend the rest of the week and the weekend with out a radio. I did try the fuse... no luck... assumming i got the right one, but i've not tried the battery. I may do that... but then i dunno what i'll do if it turns on after I already got a new one ordered heh.

·
Registered
608 Posts
i had the same problem with my 6 disc changer, it froze up 3 weeks after i bought the truck new, dealership replaced it within a few days

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had it replaced, on thursday, no problems yet.

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
TitanJB said:
Had it replaced, on thursday, no problems yet.
Did they figure out what was wrong with the old one?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Same problem here several months back. Just took it in and they replaced with a new radio. Took about a month to get my CD's back though. Playing MP3's and just crashed. No problems since.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Aquaholic said:
Did they figure out what was wrong with the old one?

Nope, they just said they send them off, and replace it with the one they get sent. Infact they didn't even check to see if it was or wasn't working when I brought it in, they just took down my VIN and name and ordered it.

I have discovered a slight problem now, with my old one it would display either the artist or the track title, now It will only display the artist title, no matter which setting I have it on, and I can't scan thru tracks, it just skips tracks, I called them, guess what, I Get a new radio. He told me the replacement radios were mostly refurbished radios, so ... i'm not incredibly thrilled about hearing that, but long as I get one that works properly I Guess that's the best I can hope for.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine did the same thing this morning on the way to work!! Playing an MP3 and it just froze up! I have 5 CD'd in the thing any idea on how to get them out? Also some have said to disconnect the neg battery cable, does this work?

·
Premium Member
92,429 Posts
Let's all bow our heads in a moment of silence for our departed musical piece of electronics.... TitanJB, yours may last a little longer than a moment, or at least until you get it fixed....

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tshank said:
Mine did the same thing this morning on the way to work!! Playing an MP3 and it just froze up! I have 5 CD'd in the thing any idea on how to get them out? Also some have said to disconnect the neg battery cable, does this work?

Yes Disconnecting the neg battery cable will make it turn back on *From my experience* Worth a try, what I did was I took it in before I disconnected and showed them it wasn't working. They didn't actually look at it, but ordered me a new one, when i got back home i tried the battery cable, and had it working for another week or 2 before my new one got in. Still no word on my 3rd, but i'll be down there to get my oil changed this week so I'll badger them then. I'm gonna use it for leverage to try to get a discount on some fog lights =P

·
Registered
420 Posts
Disconnecting the negative battery terminal does work. I've been having the exact same problem and Im on my 3rd replacement stereo right now. It's the RF package. The service manager said he thinks its a grounding issue, but they havent been able to fix it so far. Ive been there about 6 or 7 times for the same problem.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I decided to just disconnect the negative terminal everytime it freezes. You just pop it off for a few seconds and it will start working again. Since its a grounding issue (supposedly) im just going to replace all my audio components and be done with the stock stuff.

·
Registered
19 Posts
titanle said:
Disconnecting the negative battery terminal does work. I've been having the exact same problem and Im on my 3rd replacement stereo right now. It's the RF package. The service manager said he thinks its a grounding issue, but they havent been able to fix it so far. Ive been there about 6 or 7 times for the same problem.

I usually just take out the fuse and it fixes it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts