Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had my truck for a little over a year now and it has ran like a champ thankfully so my main issues have been various super annoying rattles and ticking. Below are some of their locations and my fixes. Hopefully this will help someone pinpoint a few of theirs.

rattle near defrost vent - popped out plastic grill, put foam around outside of vent, snapped plastic grill back into place on top of foam.

dome light rattle - popped off dome light cover, roof metal was touching a bracket the light connects to, put piece of foam between metal and bracket.

passenger side door rattle/ticking near upper seat belt adjuster - this rattle seems like it is the seat belt adjuster but it was actually caused by the upper door latch. I have the suicide doors and my latch wasn't "grabbing" the door hard enough so it would allow it move and make almost a ticking noise especially over road bumps. I put a piece of electrical tape around the little metal bar that the latch grabs onto and it took the play out of it. There is probably a way to adjust the latch but I am dumb.

mirror rattle when windows down - the rattle wasn't actually coming from the mirrors, it was the trim around the door that is connected to the mirror. The mirror vibrates causing the trim around the upper window seal to vibrate. My fix was to glue the plastic trim to the upper door frame where the window glass pushes it to the metal.

glove box area ticking/rattle - mine was caused by the plastic black heater/air box which is under the stereo rubbing on some of the metal bracing just above the floor carpet. You have to remove the plastic panel that is on the side of the center console closest to the floor just under the left side of the glove box to access this area. I put a piece of foam between the heater box and the little metal bar to stop the rubbing.

I am still battling a few so I will update this as I beat them.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nice write-up. I have two small ones I'm chasing. One is a squeak in my drivers side door. Can't tell if its the window seal or the actual door not latching properly. The other is the big console where the stereo sits in. Its not often, but when it does rattle, I give it a light push with my finger and all is well. Unlike you, I have no permanent fixes yet.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nice write-up. I have two small ones I'm chasing. One is a squeak in my drivers side door. Can't tell if its the window seal or the actual door not latching properly. The other is the big console where the stereo sits in. Its not often, but when it does rattle, I give it a light push with my finger and all is well. Unlike you, I have no permanent fixes yet.
Oh I had a stereo console rattle too. If I pushed down the the plastic above the stereo it wouldn't rattle anymore so I popped off the whole bezel and put some foam between the stereo mounting bracket and the underside of the bezel. This tightened things up in there and fixed it. Not sure if it is the same rattle you have.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My primary rattle seems to come from where the plastic on top of instrument cluster meets the dash. Not explaining it very well, but if you look at the dash, on top of the instrument cluster, the plastic makes a half circle or so, it's where this meets the rest of the dash. Same thing as someone else mentioned, I can push on it and it will go away for a little bit. Any ideas out there on how to fix?

Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the gauge cluster rattle is pretty common from what I can see, I didn't have that one but there should be some fixes on this site.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
My biggest rattle comes from the back seat area.
It goes away when my mother in law gets out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What kind of foam is it that you're using? You described the exact same rattles/squaks that I have, and I need to start tackling them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts