Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had revos put on today and the more I looked at them the smaller they looked.Not only is the tread width almost 1" narrower than my wranglers but they're 3/4 of a inch smaller in diameter.My wranglers are 32.5 inches and the revos are 31 and 3/4s at best.Both tires are 265/70/18s.Bridgestones site says the tire is 32.6 in diameter but it's not even close.I am not happy.

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
I have the 285-70-17`s and can`t get them to balance out....Two different places have tried with the same results......I don`t understand............

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
i have had great luck w/ mine-285/70/17. they ride smooth and look great w/ the leveling kit. they look just as beefy as the factory OR BFG.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Can anybody tell me why my stock tires are 32.6" tall and the revos are 31 and 3/4" tall and they're both 265/70/18s.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
SKEET said:
Can anybody tell me why my stock tires are 32.6" tall and the revos are 31 and 3/4" tall and they're both 265/70/18s.
may want to check the actual tread depth. tire manufacturers will change the ?/32nds depending on tire size. having said that, it should not be that big of a difference. i should measure mine, even though we have different sizes, i could compare my measurements w/ the man. specs.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
goathead said:
may want to check the actual tread depth. tire manufacturers will change the ?/32nds depending on tire size. having said that, it should not be that big of a difference. i should measure mine, even though we have different sizes, i could compare my measurements w/ the man. specs.
Only problem is unless you have both tires in the same exact spot it's hard to really tell.Hell they may the exact same but they do look smaller.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
another thing to consider is that tire sizes are not an exact science, every manufacturers sizes are a little bit different. This will make to exact same size tires two different actual sizes..

Also our rims are actually quite narrow for the size tires we have. This will make the tread width smaller than if it was a 8 or 8.5 inch wide rim.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I've had my REVO 285/70/17s now since March or so and absolutely LOVE them over the crappy BFGs. Wet weather driving is so much safer now and they ride a lot smoother to me. Highly recommended!...at least in my size.
If you look on TireRack.com, you can see exactly what the actual sizes (including circumference) are BEFORE buying. That way you'd know if your speedo will be off and if the tire is the same size as the ones you're replacing. Great tool.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HudsonValleyTitan said:
I've had my REVO 285/70/17s now since March or so and absolutely LOVE them over the crappy BFGs. Wet weather driving is so much safer now and they ride a lot smoother to me. Highly recommended!...at least in my size.
If you look on TireRack.com, you can see exactly what the actual sizes (including circumference) are BEFORE buying. That way you'd know if your speedo will be off and if the tire is the same size as the ones you're replacing. Great tool.
The tread width compared to the stockers is whats bothering me even though after looking at them some more are starting to look wider(I know sounds crazy)but the tread width of the revos are narrow compared to the stockers.You can tell the width of the whole tire is the same but has a lot less tire on the road.They do ride wonderful though either way.

·
Registered
73 Posts
redneckpapa1996 said:
I have the 285-70-17`s and can`t get them to balance out....Two different places have tried with the same results......I don`t understand............

Go here and enter your Zip Code, find the place that has one of these machines for any balance issues. It works.

http://www.gsp9700.com/pub/features/intro.cfm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts