Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are some decent iphone pics with a forklift. I was actually surprised with the articulation with it being radius arms and all, I was on a budget so I just used the stock ford radius arms but down the road ill either go 4 link or have flex joints in the radius arms, I have traction bars in the garage just need to get time to install them, im sure that'll limit the rear end articulation unless i go a swing shackle setup or something. Or maybe ill just do a radius setup in the rear as well. The tires are 38x13.50R18s. :redblob"

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Nice pics. Brave soul doing that with a fork lift. My luck I would have tipped it over.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol their isnt a step by step really, i've got a few build pics but I need to sort through my pictures and I didnt use a tone ring kit, titan has a 54 tooth tone wheel and the ford uses a 60 tooth in the front unit bearings so for now my speedo is reading off the front tone rings, but thats about to change hopefully over the weekend since I sourced some 60 front tooth tone rings off a 2004 E-350 superduty 2wd van, then i can press those onto my hubs and get my 4 wheel abs back and VDC and all that fun stuff. The sterling axle has a 120 tooth tone wheel on the ring gear that I tried to make work but this way will end up being easier.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Holy Crap! That's awesome.

Is there another build thread? What Ford axle did you use? Which springs? What gear ratio? We need details man!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No I never started a build thread mainly cause I didn't have time, I took a few pics here and there during the process but I needed it done quick. I completed it in about 2 1/2 weeks working on it a few hours a day. 06 super duty D60 front axle, 02 sterling 10.50 w/factory posi-trac (which is awesome) 3.73 gears, stock diesel front coil springs. block in the rear. Cross over steering, dual stabilizers. 79 F-150 4x4 steering box, electric fan conversion, ABS is about to work, Speedo is dead on with 38s and the ford abs tone rings. Its only about an inch or so higher then what it was when I had a 7" bracket lift on it. From the ground to the bottom of the mirror is just a tad over 5 feet.

·
Registered
14,164 Posts
awesome. Nice work man.

·
Registered
422 Posts
No I never started a build thread mainly cause I didn't have time, I took a few pics here and there during the process but I needed it done quick. I completed it in about 2 1/2 weeks working on it a few hours a day. 06 super duty D60 front axle, 02 sterling 10.50 w/factory posi-trac (which is awesome) 3.73 gears, stock diesel front coil springs. block in the rear. Cross over steering, dual stabilizers. 79 F-150 4x4 steering box, electric fan conversion, ABS is about to work, Speedo is dead on with 38s and the ford abs tone rings. Its only about an inch or so higher then what it was when I had a 7" bracket lift on it. From the ground to the bottom of the mirror is just a tad over 5 feet.
Please post whatever build pics you have.

So everything is pretty much from the 06 F250 except for the steering box and the tone rings you mentioned above? Did you installe the coils in the factory coil buckets? What shocks? Sorry so many questions, I need to do a SAS on my truck. I'm tired of worrying about scattering my front diff.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
do it lovehammer....and As soon I pay my T ill be over so you can help me do mined :)...

I been waiting for your build thread 04blacktitanle... thanks for loading this pictures...

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think hopefully this weekend or next im going to get under and paint everything and do a little more bracing on my coil buckets. i'll take more pictures with a better camera then, I just had to get it driving quick so none of the bare metal is painted yet and because its hasnt been warm enough. Also swapping to 05+ rear superduty brakes, they're bigger then the 99-04 style.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I think hopefully this weekend or next im going to get under and paint everything and do a little more bracing on my coil buckets. i'll take more pictures with a better camera then, I just had to get it driving quick so none of the bare metal is painted yet and because its hasnt been warm enough. Also swapping to 05+ rear superduty brakes, they're bigger then the 99-04 style.
I would appreciate any pics. I'm going through craigslist now. Gonna go to the junkyard tomorrow.

Your truck is totally beast. Gotta love an 8 lug Titan.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the front axle alone dry weighs about 550 lbs. the rear end weighs in at 340ish. plus coils and steering and everything else it probably added 1000 lbs over stock, and it still gets like 16 freeway. Lots of fabwork involved. Now im thinking about putting a powerstroke in it. Haha. I'll save that for a summer project maybe.

·
Registered
14,164 Posts
Well the front axle alone dry weighs about 550 lbs. the rear end weighs in at 340ish. plus coils and steering and everything else it probably added 1000 lbs over stock, and it still gets like 16 freeway. Lots of fabwork involved. Now im thinking about putting a powerstroke in it. Haha. I'll save that for a summer project maybe.
You seen cnaalik's build? its a cummins, he's got a thread, "diesel titan" or somethin like that. I think he stayed ifs up front though. puttin the pre 6.0 motor in? that'd be sweet.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah ive seen his build, hes the one who helped me out with my e-brake cables. He also has a solid axle but his has a 12 valve in it. I would totally do a 12valve maybe but they're worth more than gold right now. There is a 99.5 7.3 powerstroke in the classifieds here locally that I can pick up for $500. has 134k miles on it. needs a little work though. No biggie.

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
You seen cnaalik's build? its a cummins, he's got a thread, "diesel titan" or somethin like that. I think he stayed ifs up front though. puttin the pre 6.0 motor in? that'd be sweet.
Nope he started off with solid axle, then wanted more and added the cummins. And if hes gonna swap motors, hes better off going with a 6.0. He just needs to do all the work to it before putting it in, which is easy when the motor is already pulls.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep, head studs and egr delete are a must for a 6.0. I would love to put a 6.0 in that way I can getthe 5r110. I have a few months to decide what I want because this will defiantly be a summer thing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts