Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased 4 new pillar/vane rotors as well as full set of pads for my 04 Titan. When I spoke to the guy on the phone I told him I prefer black anodizing as I think gold would be tacky on my galaxy black truck.. He said that they only came in black or silver now.. I waited out the weekend then sent an email requesting an order status update and tracking info. I waited 2 days for a response and recieved none. I sent another email requesting the same info and leting them know that I am not happy. Thier lack of service and ignoring my email was not instilling confidence in thier after sale service or warranty. I still have recieved no response.. I recieved the parts today only to find that despite my specifically saying I do not want gold colored rotors.... wait for it..... I recieved my brand new gold anodized pillar/vane rotors.. I am not happy at all with my purchase, or thier support (lack of it). If I thought I could get prompt service I would try and get the replacements but they have already demonstrated to me how they treat customers who have just dropped a grand on thier equipment.. TO ALL READING THIS PLEASE BE FULLY AWARE OF HOW THEY RUN THIER BUSINESS AND MAKE SURE YOU TAKE THIS INTO ACCOUNT BEFORE GIVING THEM ANY OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY..
BUYERS BEWARE!

·
Super Moderator
34,651 Posts
Ariakas said:
I recently purchased 4 new pillar/vane rotors as well as full set of pads for my 04 Titan. When I spoke to the guy on the phone I told him I prefer black anodizing as I think gold would be tacky on my galaxy black truck.. He said that they only came in black or silver now.. I waited out the weekend then sent an email requesting an order status update and tracking info. I waited 2 days for a response and recieved none. I sent another email requesting the same info and leting them know that I am not happy. Thier lack of service and ignoring my email was not instilling confidence in thier after sale service or warranty. I still have recieved no response.. I recieved the parts today only to find that despite my specifically saying I do not want gold colored rotors.... wait for it..... I recieved my brand new gold anodized pillar/vane rotors.. I am not happy at all with my purchase, or thier support (lack of it). If I thought I could get prompt service I would try and get the replacements but they have already demonstrated to me how they treat customers who have just dropped a grand on thier equipment.. TO ALL READING THIS PLEASE BE FULLY AWARE OF HOW THEY RUN THIER BUSINESS AND MAKE SURE YOU TAKE THIS INTO ACCOUNT BEFORE GIVING THEM ANY OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY..
BUYERS BEWARE!
Did you try calling them?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
this is certainly not how stillen operates....call kyle at stillen and he will take care of you 866-250-5542 ext 173 THATS kyles direct line....

·
Premium Member
92,376 Posts
If you go through life considering yourself the victim, you always will be. A phonecall could clear everything up, and I'm sure they'll ship you the new ones without any problems. Customer service these days may not be what it once was, but if you don't give them a chance to make it right, you live with what you have. Proactive, not reactive......

·
Premium Member
73,616 Posts
personally, i've contacted [email protected] via e-mail numerous times asking q's, trying to be a demo vehicle and he's always responded :) i think the best to get what you want/need is via phone.

i don't know man, i've learned from my business experience that e-mailing isn't anyway to conduct business, if you need something you can't beat a phone call, you have the human interface i think is still vital in the business world.

i still crack up when my boss sends faxes, then calls to ask if they received the fax..... ah, old school.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have to disagree with a lot of you. This guy should not have to pick up the phone and call. They will take his money over the internet they should answer his emails. After it being posted on here I am sure the problem will be fixed.

·
Super Moderator
34,651 Posts
hondarider227 said:
I have to disagree with a lot of you. This guy should not have to pick up the phone and call. They will take his money over the internet they should answer his emails. After it being posted on here I am sure the problem will be fixed.
Yep, and hold my breath until I get an answer.

You want it fixed fast, go directly to the source the quickest way possible.

"Hello?''

"Hey Kyle, I've got a problem. I was hoping you could help me."

"Sure, what is it?"

Done.

Meanwhile email sits in a queue of how many and when will it be opened yet again answered?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
it would have been fixed if it hadnt been posted if he would have called....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just recieved a phone call from the salesman I placed the order with (wow less than 10min after my first post).. I still have not recieved a reply email.. He said that he is sorry, but his manager informed him that they no longer painted these gold (way to pass the buck).. I went back and looked at the page for these rotors and also found that the parts I was sent were not a 2 piece design with aluminum hub as described.. the ones I was sent were 1 piece and not anodized but painted.. I told him I'm done and don't need or want his apology but want the parts I paid for.. The salesmans solution was to offer to send me a can of black spraypaint for free.. That is a total crock of S**T!! I restate my first statement BUYERS BEWARE!

·
Registered
293 Posts
They have steped up to fix the problem run with it. If you post a problem and they want to fix, take the fix. This is why we have these forums. Sometimes people need a little more push to fix the problem take it.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
ok, i wanna see pics of what they sent....i gave you kyle millens number and all you have to do is call him....post pics of your rotors and pads and then the link of what you say you ordered....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well P's Titan I don't know why you would say that but I hope someday you have a similar experience and can reflect back on your message and know that karma just bit your ***.. I did'nt post to get flamed, I did it to let the community know what happened so none of you make the same mistake. I'm not going to call "kyle" because I needed these yesterday and can't afford to ship them back or waste time waiting.. I just thought my situation might be usefull info to you guy's sorry for wasting your time..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hondarider227 said:
They have steped up to fix the problem run with it. If you post a problem and they want to fix, take the fix. This is why we have these forums. Sometimes people need a little more push to fix the problem take it.
I'm not a painter man, and have no want to spraypaint my brand new rotors and deal with them peeling or who knows what down the road.. I just want what I thought I was ordering, 2 piece aluminum hub rotors that are anodized black..

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Ariakas said:
I just recieved a phone call from the salesman I placed the order with (wow less than 10min after my first post).. I still have not recieved a reply email.. He said that he is sorry, but his manager informed him that they no longer painted these gold (way to pass the buck).. I went back and looked at the page for these rotors and also found that the parts I was sent were not a 2 piece design with aluminum hub as described.. the ones I was sent were 1 piece and not anodized but painted.. I told him I'm done and don't need or want his apology but want the parts I paid for.. The salesmans solution was to offer to send me a can of black spraypaint for free.. That is a total crock of S**T!! I restate my first statement BUYERS BEWARE!
No f^ckin way! I do not believe that any company with stillen's reputation would offer you a can of black paint. Did you call Kyle at the number already given to you? Oh......................you didn't?......................Why not?

IF, a salesman would have made a statement like to me, I would have found a manager and jumped their a$$. But again, your story sounds like B.S to me too. Heres the B.S. flag I am raising! :haveredfl

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
vipzach said:
No f^ckin way! I do not believe that any company with stillen's reputation would offer you a can of black paint. Did you call Kyle at the number already given to you? Oh......................you didn't?......................Why not?

IF, a salesman would have made a statement like to me, I would have found a manager and jumped their a$$. But again, your story sounds like B.S to me too. Heres the B.S. flag I am raising! :haveredfl
WOW all I can say is WOW.. I'm trying to let you guys know my situation and this is how you respond? I'm not calling BS I'm calling **** YOU!

If I knew this was the way you treat people I never would have joined

GOOD BYE

·
Premium Member
92,376 Posts
I said it before. Act like the victim, you'll be the victim.... :bye:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Wow this was an interesting post to read about. Just a thought but it doesn't seem like black paint would even be in the same ballbark as black anodized. How can that be the solution . I agree he tried something but for my money that's not durable enough. He should have asked if that was OK before they were shipped half way across the nation.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts