Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the truck since June with no problems, now two tickets in two weeks from the CHP.

1st one was because a lady was doing 66 mph in the fast lane of a 65 mph highway. She wouldn't move over for the longest time, once I had my opening I shot around her and moved back pretty closely in front of her to let her know GET OVER without making her slam on her brakes. I was frustrated. She moved out of the fast lane immediately but CHP pulled me over for speeding and unsafe lane change. He let me off the speeding part doing 85 because I was honest when he asked me how fast I was going but got me for unsafe lane change. Fair enough. He wasn't happy when I told him it was unacceptable to be doing 66 in the fast lane as it causes congestion, which it was doing.

Then yesterday CHP is parked in town looking for speeders. I'm coming opposite direction doing 2 mph's UNDER the speed limit. As soon as I drive by he yips it around and lights me up. Gets me for tinted windows (limo up front), no front license plate, unacceptable mud flaps (I have stock). I know all this is against the law and my fault, but the worst part is he was a **** and didn't make the tint a fix it, just a straight fine.

Just not my month. Luckily I have a friend in the DEA and will write off the other two infractions.

Just needed to vent. Thanks for letting me share. :soap:

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
They just wanted a better look at your truck. :cheers:
Wishing/knowing they can't have one like it because of that alimony payment.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And I'm sure my new license plate doesn't help matters for the tree hugging police........GLOBWAMR :jester:

·
Super Moderator
37,027 Posts
FAFA .. Your truck is an eye catcher. The CHP here in Cali think only punks drive truck's that look like yours. Get a radar detector and a scanner and keep your eyes peeled for the po po...

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
i went 2 years in CA with tinted tails..5% on sides and 20% tint on windshield w/o a ticket. The week before i moved to TX i was pulled over twice for my tints/lights...go figure..

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
CB radio is helpfull on the highway. Truckers are alawys looking out for 5-0 hidden behind tree's and such!

If you can, if you have cop friends, ask them about how they catch speeders ;) it's amazing what you'll find out! Then you'll know what to look for!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
My mom's Explorer has dark tint and we've never got pulled over. I'm not sure how dark it is but even from the inside it's hard to see out. How dark yall thank it is?

Attachments

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
dark enough if I pulled you over I would I would use the PA to tell you to roll your windows down before I exit my patrol car :D

Anyone do that when they get pulled over? Roll your windows down as you come to a stop (for the guys with tint)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
that sucks my wife got pulled over 2 weeks ago for tinted windows front lic plate and tinted tail lights by the CHP. she drives around town like crazy and never gets pulled over . I heard CHP is more strict when it come to violations

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
dark enough if I pulled you over I would I would use the PA to tell you to roll your windows down before I exit my patrol car :D

Anyone do that when they get pulled over? Roll your windows down as you come to a stop (for the guys with tint)
Me and my dad was ridin with a guy and we was going to sell about 15 of his gun's and we got pulled over for doing 70 in a 60 and he had a thang on his back window that said If it's Illegal I'll do it. The cop pulled us over and got on his P.A. and told us to get outa the truck and when we did We're like we have about 15 gun's in the truck and he got all b!tchy. well the guy got a ticket and we left and about 400 yard's down the road the same cop pulled us over for the driver not wearing a seat-belt and got another ticket. We had to go threw the same friggin thang the 2nd time.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Sounds like you may have gotten yourself on the schnit list. Around here, a comment like you made about that lady gets shared with the entire dept and they'll start following and tailgating you trying to get you to speed up to move outta their way, then they'll light up to pull you over and you get another ticket. Best defense is usually to keep it 5 mph under for the next 6-mos or so, I've been through that song and dance a few times over.

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
How can Nissan sell a truck with mudflaps that aren't legal off the lot? I thought the manufacturers had to make all their cars 50 state legal.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
How can Nissan sell a truck with mudflaps that aren't legal off the lot? I thought the manufacturers had to make all their cars 50 state legal.
He doesn't have factory tires. He has oversized which extend out past the body of the truck

Reactions: albonismo

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
He doesn't have factory tires. He has oversized which extend out past the body of the truck
Yea, I think it's been posted on here in another thread that Cali requires the mud flaps to cover the width of the tire.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
When I buy a truck if it has mudflap's, they are coming off and wide tire's are going on.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i don't get speeding tickets....i fix em! lol

really though, the only tickets i really get are parking violations here at school. parking management has a grudge or something against me, but the appeals people love me! i must see them about once a week to fix mine. the only reason i don't pay for most of them is b/c i take pictures (makes it easy for appeals people) and explain to them how ridiculous it must be for the officer to give me a citation. usually the violations are dumb and ridiculous to be honest.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Get a radar detector and a scanner and keep your eyes peeled for the po po...
Do radar detectors really work though?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Do radar detectors really work though?
It would have help yesterday, I was driving down a dirt road doing probably 90 and passed a cop and no one in the truck had a seat-belt on. I know I was f*cked when it happened but he didn't even pay attention. I thank he was asleep.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I usually roll mine down when I see a police officer around town just because I don't want to get pulled over for the tint. This particular time I figured the CHP was just parked looking for speeders and wouldn't bother with me but I was wrong.

And I always roll down my windows before I've even finished being pulled over. I try and be respectful as much as I can.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts