Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured it would be nice to give my T some credit for saving my a$$ tonight. I'll keep the story short...Driving down the freeway at about 60-65 in the far right lane, about a mile away from my exit, Following a black lifted F-Series diesel about 3 car lengths away as I would at any other time. We drive about another 1/4 mile when the lifted Ford full on slams on the brakes causing his rear end to gyroscope a$$ end towards shoulder...he then amazingly maneuvers into the left lane missing the completely stopped minivan sitting in stopped traffic for the exit. By this time my brakes were already going and the flash second I had to engage the ABS i hit em quick, then realizing I wasn't going to make it let off the brake and did a quick swerve onto the paved shoulder missing the minivan by a foot or so...looked back to see the cars behind me slowed down with no problem. The minivan eventually made it up to me where I had passed him by a few car lengths, the driver asked if I was alright and complimented me on my quick actions after watching the lifted truck nearly miss him in his rear view mirror...His three children were passed out in the back seat...my truck handled amazingly, abs worked as it was designed and not once did I feel out of control. My newfound respect for my truck just makes me that much happier to be behind the wheel...

Thought I'd share...Happy Holidays!

-Ryan

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
woo wee bro bet that puckered your butthole lol good job and wtf was the minivan doin like that especially fully loaded wit kids like that...dumba$$ drivers ill tell ya

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
woo wee bro bet that puckered your butthole lol good job and wtf was the minivan doin like that especially fully loaded wit kids like that...dumba$$ drivers ill tell ya
I'm amazed I didn't sh!t myself lol...minivan did nothing wrong, he was sitting in a line of about 100 cars waiting to get off the exit...truck in front of me must have been daydreaming...ah well just happy no accidents tonight :ftard:

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
thats good to hear. i have thanked my T more times than i can count for being spectacular in similar situations. i may b**** and complain about all the weird noises and vibrations she makes, but in the end, i wouldnt have a different truck. i feel safe in her. check out the frontal offset crash tests on youtube...then compare it to some of the competitions. the T is a very safe truck and i feel completely relaxed driving my family in it.

gotta love CA traffic huh??

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
ive never had any close calls with the 2 titans ive owned but ive had a couple close incidents with my 05 pathfinder and it went above and beyond my expectations for safety i cant imagine the t would be any less especially my new 4x with side curtains and the other hundred airbags...reminds me of that movie with sylvester stallone and wesley snipes demolition man when he gets in that accident and he's encapsulated in a foam like material lol...pretty soon thats whats gonna happen in a crash

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I have had that happen before, it was about 9:30 at night, but I was in the right lane doing about 73 and behind another truck and all of a sudden he swerves and I was like WTF then I see a big luggage bag in the middle of my lane I swerve into the median and needless to say I thought that my b-hole had created teeth and ripped a hole into the seat; Scariest experience of my life

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
not to thread jack but got a short story...i was driving down the 15N in mission valley one day, and had a bunch of cars start swerving in front of me. i was going about 80 or so. the cars cleared out and there was 3 or 4 mattresses laying over about 3 lanes of traffic....i was lucky as i did avoid them. for the next week, they sat in pretty much the same place until one day they were on the shoulder. as of the last time i took that road, they were still there, with tire tracks all over them lol. i never picked them up as there really wasnt a safe place to stop.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Good job man! Glad to hear no one got hurt! I've never had to engage the ABS in my T... Not sure how it react's? I know the ABS in my '05 Explorer was horrible! The guy in the mini van is the one that probably need's new droor's!

·
Registered
132 Posts
thats good to hear. i have thanked my T more times than i can count for being spectacular in similar situations. i may b**** and complain about all the weird noises and vibrations she makes, but in the end, i wouldnt have a different truck. i feel safe in her. check out the frontal offset crash tests on youtube...then compare it to some of the competitions. the T is a very safe truck and i feel completely relaxed driving my family in it.
Ditto.

Everyone go out and give your truck a hug!

-Lab

Back in '05 when my 2004 SE got whacked nearly head on by a full-size Bronco. I drove away, he didn't.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Well done. It's called your typical a$$hole in a big ole truck, usually a friggin Ford, that thinks they don't have to pay attention and/or have the right of way in ANY situation because they are in a big truck. Hate em hate em hate em. I honk at every friggin jerkoff that thinks they own the road and drive like idiots because they are in a big truck. Sorry for my rant, glad you missed any problems by reacting quickly.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Glad everything ended ok for all involved!!

These trucks are definitely safe as hell.. I had a minivan blindly pull out of a parking garage onto a main street in front of me going about 40.. Absolutely demolished the minivan, needed to be taken away on a flatbed, while I was able to drive away (airbags did go off), and my front end looked about the same as colochoclab's up there.. Definitely feel completely safe in this thing now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts