Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend got his Ram quad cab about 6 months ago. When he got it, it just had dual flowmasters dumped. I rode in it and it wasn't impressive at all, even though he had beat several trucks around his town. Fast forward to this weekend. He put a volant intake on and we ran 'em Saturday night. It was freezing cold, so my traction suffered. Every time, I spun off the line and he didn't, but I still stayed even with him till 80, then I ran off and left him like he was sitting still. One time, I manually shifted and smoked him the whole way through. He said the intake really opened up his low end, though. The next night, he installed his diablo tuner.(He couldn't install it before, because they didn't include the cable for computer updates. He had to buy it extra.) The next night was just as cold. We lined up and went. We both spun, but he spun worse. I jumped out about 3 car lengths and we stayed like that till 100+. The second run was the same. I felt pretty good, because I was sure that his tuner would put him ahead of me. I have a feeling once he fixes his traction problem, he would be even with me, or better. But for now, a kill is a kill.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
You should still beat him or at worse tie him IMO...since he has a QC...if it was RC, then he should get you. If he gets traction and you spin and you still pass him at 80, that means he has a significant advantage. Road races can go either way. Those first runs, if you had hooked, you would have passed him at 40 probably. It takes a good bit more power to catch someone who has the jump and overtake them. When I was mid 14's I raced a low 15's SUV, he jumped me off the line cause I didn't know I was racing. That little 1/2 second and I couldn't real him in AT ALL all the way up to 80. I didn't pull an inch, all because of his jump. You guys both need traction and need to leave at the same time. You SHOULD take him. I don't think tuners really open those trucks up, we'll see though. I know thats one area the Hemi lacks in is good tuning, but that might be for heavy mods, I don't know

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I think once we both stopped spinning, he couldn't gain on me, but I wasn't leaving him anymore either. That programmer must have done something, because he was spinning and his truck wasn't a slug after 80 anymore. I'd like to think if we both got off the line without spinning, that it'd at least be even but I don't know. I don't think my truck is as fast as alot of the other titans with similar mods on here.

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Yeah, I think once we both stopped spinning, he couldn't gain on me, but I wasn't leaving him anymore either. That programmer must have done something, because he was spinning and his truck wasn't a slug after 80 anymore. I'd like to think if we both got off the line without spinning, that it'd at least be even but I don't know. I don't think my truck is as fast as alot of the other titans with similar mods on here.
Hey your truck is definitely nothing to be ashamed of. It isn't a Big Whitey, but it's still a badazz truck none the less.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Hey your truck is definitely nothing to be ashamed of. It isn't a Big Whitey, but it's still a badazz truck none the less.
Mine is faster than big whitey:)

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx man. Sorry you had to get rid of your truck. I'm gonna do a few things to the exhaust and definately get some new tires. He said he's getting new back tires. I just don't wanna be the one to let us down. I woulda been done with racing, but he's beating every truck in his town, and he brags ALOT!!!

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Mine is faster than big whitey:)
Not yet it isn't......you still need to pick that mph up some more buckaroo. Let's not forget it was bigger and heavier than your truck as well as limited to 1 tire fire = crappy 60fts.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
My Whitey is slow too :)

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
That would make you Little Whitey........lol!

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Not yet it isn't......you still need to pick that mph up some more buckaroo. Let's not forget it was bigger and heavier than your truck as well as limited to 1 tire fire = crappy 60fts.
Damn!!! You saw my post:)

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts