Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YouTube Video Link
Photo Album Link

Well, I spent last night and the better part of today installing my system. I thought about getting it installed somewhere, but they all wanted $100+ to install it...so I just did it myself. Now I know it's installed the right way.

BIG props to tech12volts!!!!!!

He makes an awesome box, and sells great products!!! He's got some killer specials right now, so be sure to PM him for a quote. You WILL NOT be disappointed!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Really happy for you. Nice install. I did notice it sounds better if you raise the rear seat.
Again glad you like it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
h..p://picasaweb.google.com/erikhulse/SystemInstall/photo#5131841530520142354

Where did that end up going along with where did you splice in at?

Did you have RF factory system?

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jbiel said:
http://picasaweb.google.com/erikhulse/SystemInstall/photo#5131841530520142354

Where did that end up going along with where did you splice in at?

Did you have RF factory system?
It's just kinda chillin next to the factory jack under the seat. I spliced into the wires directly on the side of the passenger and driver side seat. You have to remove the plastic floor panel, and then find the speaker wires that lead to the rear..I just tapped into those wires, then hooked them up to the LOC kit in the back of the truck.

·
Registered
203 Posts
AgTitan06 said:
Thanks. I may take a look at raising the rear seat. I checked out that thread you sent me on MT, it looks easy enough.

No lie but I stopped at ACE and bought the stuff driving between my offices and then installed them in less than 5 mins. at break. Just run the tap all the way through.

·
Registered
66 Posts
AgTitan, Where did you install your amp????

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
LATitan1 said:
AgTitan, Where did you install your amp????
It is under his passenger seat!

·
Registered
691 Posts
ok dumb question

(i have a single 10" box from him, i have yet to install)

isnt there a sensor on the passenger seat for the air bag?
so if i takr it out will it screw things up?
or is it just as easy as disconnecting the battery first?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for the quick response

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rick Guess said:
ok dumb question

(i have a single 10" box from him, i have yet to install)

isnt there a sensor on the passenger seat for the air bag?
so if i takr it out will it screw things up?
or is it just as easy as disconnecting the battery first?
Yes, there are two plugs you'll need to disconnect to remove the passenger seat. When you put it back in, the airbag light will flash. Search for "airbag light reset procedure", and there are a few quick steps to reset it.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
That last pic has me worried, my subs would hit the seat constantly and really hard if they were that close.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Justintoxicated said:
That last pic has me worried, my subs would hit the seat constantly and really hard if they were that close.
dont be worried bro. They do not hit the seat.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
AgTitan06 said:
Yes, there are two plugs you'll need to disconnect to remove the passenger seat. When you put it back in, the airbag light will flash. Search for "airbag light reset procedure", and there are a few quick steps to reset it.
You will only have an issue with the airbag light if you turn on the ignition with the seat disconnected. If you reinstall the seat and plug it back in then turn the key you wont have any issues. However if you cant do that then look up the airbag reset like AG mentioned.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
t22a80 said:
You will only have an issue with the airbag light if you turn on the ignition with the seat disconnected. If you reinstall the seat and plug it back in then turn the key you wont have any issues. However if you cant do that then look up the airbag reset like AG mentioned.
For some reason I always end up turning he truck on when the seat is removed..I can't rmemeber why, but I think it has to do with being able to use the shift lever to remove the center console. I always remember having to deal with the stupid chine when working on the HU, because the keys have to be ni the ignition to move the shift lever back to remove the front plate.

So those subs don't move very much then?

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Justintoxicated said:
For some reason I always end up turning he truck on when the seat is removed..I can't rmemeber why, but I think it has to do with being able to use the shift lever to remove the center console. I always remember having to deal with the stupid chine when working on the HU, because the keys have to be ni the ignition to move the shift lever back to remove the front plate.

So those subs don't move very much then?
All vehicles have a manual shift lock...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts