Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big barn auto in Fairbanks Alaska. Not the best place but they'll do what you want done. It's illegal here in aK for anything under 35% on front. I had the guys install a match-to-factory on my T (which I'm pretty sure is 20%) $99 bucks. Not bad IMO. I'll post before and after once I find a net connection - iPhone app won't let me.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
seems a little high. I paid $50 on both my T's but I guess every city/state is different.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
i got my fronts matched to back and had my front winsheild tinted too for 110.00.....the front is my favorite part it makes a glare off of the front winsheid so no one can see in it also keeps the interior from getting warped from the heat. its the second from the lightest tint on the windsheild

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
You guys with 20% tint ever deal with getting pulled over or during inspection time?

·
Registered
28 Posts
WOW, I wish I paid only $50 for tint...I paid $160 to have my windows tinted(5%). And thats about the going rate in the Philly area

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I have 20% up front, and I have never had to deal with the police. I think the reasoning is that the front windows are big enough that they can still see me. If I ever did, I have about 5-6 friends that are with the Phoenix PD, and I could get one of them to write it off...at least I would hope :)

·
Premium Member
77,931 Posts
You guys with 20% tint ever deal with getting pulled over or during inspection time?
I've had to strip tint in the past because I did not have proof of purchase date and the law changed, upping the % number. I was legal when I had it done, then a few years later I couldn't get an inspection sticker. Bad on my part for not putting that damn card I got in the glove box when I had the tinting done. I lost it.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
they got it done for so cheap b/c the tint that was used probably wasnt great quality....llumar is all i have ever used on all my vehicles

·
Registered
264 Posts
$50 for the fronts is a steal! In Canuck land its about $100 for the two fronts. Thats if someone will do it for you. Alot of places wont tint the fronts because no tint is allowed on the fronts at all in Alberta anyway. Looks like prices here are the same as up in Alaska. Post Pics too! I am thinking about 35% as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have 20% up front, and I have never had to deal with the police. I think the reasoning is that the front windows are big enough that they can still see me. If I ever did, I have about 5-6 friends that are with the Phoenix PD, and I could get one of them to write it off...at least I would hope :)
If i can remember correctly, Arizona Window tint law for the front driver/Passenger windows is right around 25% anyway....I dont think you should get a problem down there. In PA, 70% is the legal limit(rule of thumb is if you can visually tell there is tint on a vehicle, then its illegal)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts