Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tip of my banks exhaust that is. Has anybody else had this problem with the tip getting a little funky looking. What kind of polish can i use to fix this? Sorry the pics arent that great. Looks like it needs some kind of a compound or heavy polish.
???????

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
its only on the very outer edge and on the inside

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Before I dumped my exhaust, I had the Flowmaster catback and the same thing happened to the tips. The best thing I found for it was the Turtle Wax Chrome Polish. It seems to have a very light abrasive in it that took everything off of chrome for me with little effort...

·
Premium Member
76,141 Posts
A non-abrasive chrome polish should help you out. Though it looks like it turned color from heat. I'm not sure how easy it is to get that discoloration out without marring the surface of the chrome.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A non-abrasive chrome polish should help you out. Though it looks like it turned color from heat. I'm not sure how easy it is to get that discoloration out without marring the surface of the chrome.
Not really worried about the discoloration from the heat on the rolled edge. just yuck on the inside really.

:rofl: Nice tag, btw.
Thanks man.
Posted something similar on my facebook the other day

It all started with just the tip, then more and more and more till uh oh! Now I know what your thinking and no this is not about sex. I was looking at my truck admiring its beatuy when I decided I need to polish the exhaust tip. Then I decide I should foam the tires and wipe the wheels. After that I was full blow into it, washing and polishing. About an hour later..... Finished and it looks fantasic. I love my truck!

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
My Banks tip did the same thing.

Chrome polish works very well. I took engine brite to it first and let it soak for a minute and then washed it off with Dawn soap to take off the residue.

Then the chrome polish.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mine looks the same i used some steel wool and came out looking new!

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
The tip of my banks exhaust that is. Has anybody else had this problem with the tip getting a little funky looking. What kind of polish can i use to fix this? Sorry the pics arent that great. Looks like it needs some kind of a compound or heavy polish.
???????
K if you want results mmmm''' better then Turtle use Mothers Mag and polish it worked with my tip exhaust that is. You berly have to rub it in once it turn black the mothers product you wipe it off and it looks like brand new.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just be careful, I heard you can get tennis elbow if you spend too much time polishing the tip. Someone once told me you could go blind as well. Don't say I didn't warn you!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:rofl: Very nice

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
I have a similar issue with my set up. Mostly on the passenger side tip. I am assuming because it is more of a straight shot it works more. For me it looks like carbon build up.The several chrome polishes I have tried (mothers/turtle/etc) didn't do much. I wish I had payed more attention in science class. There has to be a simple chemical that will disolve the carbon without harming the metal. I could start a thread "I have two tips and they are turning black" but that would be a bit scarry for some. Tip envy can be a difficult issue.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a similar issue with my set up. Mostly on the passenger side tip. I am assuming because it is more of a straight shot it works more. For me it looks like carbon build up.The several chrome polishes I have tried (mothers/turtle/etc) didn't do much. I wish I had payed more attention in science class. There has to be a simple chemical that will disolve the carbon without harming the metal. I could start a thread "I have two tips and they are turning black" but that would be a bit scarry for some. Tip envy can be a difficult issue.
LOL. Ya i went and picked some polish and have yet to try it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts