Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After several minutes of looking for a parking space, this sufficed :D

I mean seriously... why would someone design a parking lot with so many of these tiny-*** spaces?

And for those counting, I'm taking up 4 spaces :futwice:

Sorry for the crappy quality, took the pic with my cell phone cam.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
that's pretty funny -
a kid at the mall on a friday night took up four parking places like that (but in a furd Ranger) and I backed up to his bumper and pushed his truck outta the way!! it freed up two parking places -- then i went and parked way away from him....

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Ha! I don't know...seems like a few too many cars around for me to feel comfortable parking my truck there.... :D That's how I park all the time!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I don't think a Titan falls into the "Compact Car" category...

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Yeah, parking on post can get a little hairy, so if I get to spot where there's alot of parking I'll do the same to keep the door-dingers away.
Blackbeauty said:
Ha! I don't know...seems like a few too many cars around for me to feel comfortable parking my truck there.... :D That's how I park all the time!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
i know why u parked uneven or .....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
75,088 Posts
hey that pic kinda makes your truck look like mine (sedona)

ok, real quick about parking lots...

standard spaces are 9x18 or 10x20 depending upon your local municipalities requirements. in some cases compact car spaces are allotted when a developer wants to shove too many square feet of retail in too little ackerage. sometimes to the project doesn't die and the muncipality lose money or revenue, they make exceptions, thus you have "compact" spaces. where i practice this is seen as unacceptable and generally poor design.

you can't fit 10 pounds in a 5 pound bucket, and it's happening too often.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
That is how I park anytime I go to a parking lot. I dont take up 4 spots but I do double park. And for some reason some one will still park right next to me even though there is 100 other places for them to park. I do always go to the bacl of the lot though. Here is a scratch I got the other day, and I was nowhere near another car.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
white_titan05 said:
i know why u parked uneven or .....
precisely why the pic was labaled "funny". Yes the Titan is not a compact car. It just gives you a little bit of an idea how tiny the spaces actually were. And what killed me was there were rows and rows of them labeled for "compact cars only" which I thought was ridiculous. All of the normal sized spaces were taken.

My truck was being discriminated against and I took action! :D

·
Registered
599 Posts
lol good job,way to take action lol

·
Registered
805 Posts
nice pic tho...........
parking my Titan in a safe spot is always the #1 priority wherever i go.
i wont take 2 spots where peeps will get pissed off at ya and then key ya. but i do park far away from any potential trouble spots.
at work i have "my" spot, next to a curb on one side, but on the "exposed" side my boss allways parks there so i know im safe. his car is known as my "protector", hehe.
at malls one can always look for the single line spaces, or just park far away.
even at Xmas time, one can find a few "safe" spots. i can deal w lil scratches here and there, but its the dings that will drive me kookoo!

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have a spot that I park at work where people dont park because its a little longer to walk. I use two spaces jut to be sure. nobody ever gives me shi7 about it until the other day I went out and some jacl azz parked so close to me I had to crawl through the pasanger side door. I had a tow rope in the bacl and I was so close to riping his bumper off the stupid ford and keying f-u on his door. he was gone when I left at the end of the day so I did not get the chance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts