Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
yeah but the road above is like 100 yrds up and it runs horizontal of the way im facing if that makes ne sense. so in other words the road runs W E
so you're truck is positioned parallel (=) or perpendicular (T) to the road? 100 yards? daamn! that's a long aass way! :teethmast ya, that's sounds like an all out team of trucks needing to pull you out.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
For those who didn't see my tailgate thread with the pics i went offroading today and got my tire stuck in a rut we didn't see while driving on a trail so when a 4x4 diesel chevy tried pulling me out it only made it worse by having my end fishtail down. It is not completely done for but if it rains in the inland empire tonight in ca its gone. Whatever angle we pull it at on the trail will only make it slide down unless somebody has a beastly 4wd truck that can drive up a hill while pulling my truck. ANYBODY? WILLING TO PAY em!

i say, you get in your truck, fire it up...and drive down the hill!!! remember your in a titan!!!!

haha

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
so you're truck is positioned parallel (=) or perpendicular (T) to the road? 100 yards? daamn! that's a long aass way! :teethmast ya, that's sounds like an all out team of trucks needing to pull you out.
parallel =. the road runs west east and my truck is running west east idk wtf to do

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
i say, you get in your truck, fire it up...and drive down the hill!!! remember your in a titan!!!!

haha
Your right. let me drive over all the trees. so are you gonna swap trucks with me after this event?

·
Registered
682 Posts
LOL! I have pulled many things out of situations way worse than that in Afghanistan mountains.... Air lift it out!!! Like stated before you need to get several buddies together and dig like a mofo! Dig that front tire and any other tire dug in the mud... Dig a long sloping trench from it in the direct you are going to pull, put some 2x4's or and old rug whatever you can to fill that trench for traction best if you do all tires. Next hook up and pull like no tomorrow. From the pictures and what I can see pulling you truck from the rear is going to do it cause it looks like a pretty good straight away from there... back a 4x4 good size truck up to the back of yours and hook up 2 points to your truck from the rear to the Tow truck. Have that truck pull straight down that road staying as close to the hillside as possible. Put your truck in Neutral if you are to scared to get in it. Best to get in it and keep you wheels straight and put in R and go at the same time as the tow truck... Should come right out! Biggest thing is the digging part, Dig!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
I see lots of brush around and none under your tires. I don't know how your mud is there but we have sticky Clay here and one of the first things to do is to get the saw out and lay brush and branches to roll under the tires. A Tow truck could get you out of that easy. AAA does not cover offroad service but the Tow companies will have no problem getting something out there to bail you out, you just have to be ready to pay out the hiney. If you get a couple of wood 4x4's from Home Depot, you might even be able to prop that puppy up. Don't be afraid to lay down some solid support and get your jack out to pile stuff under the tires either if you have to. Just make sure you don't sink your jack into the mud. Personally, I'd pile as much as I could under those tires to lift that frame out of the mud. A Shovel and Branch Saw should be mandatory items in your recovery kit.

I've gotten out of worse with a lesser 4x4, it doesn't look as hopeless as it may seem.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Been in very bad situations with my tacomas and insane TJ before in PA and in WV. Get a floor jack, some good boards, and sinderblocks. Jack up the downhill side of the truck or use the front tow hook and get either the boards and the blocks in under the tires. Be careful on the downhill side, but you should be able to wedge the jack in on the hillside (parallal). and easy on the gas with a strap hook to the other tow hook (uphillside).
I have done it with 3 tires on the ground and a scary *** hillside in WV.
PS You may come out with a dent but its cheaper than a truck......... and one more thing a rubber bed mat works good so you can lay it in front of the truck for added traction.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Dig an exit path for the the LR and RF tires and power it out in 4low with a hard left on the steering wheel.
Once she starts moving, keep on the power until you are back on terra firma.

·
Premium Member
59,135 Posts
If you are in muck bring a couple of 94 Lb bags of cement (not concrete). It does an amazing job of drying the mud out. Sprinkle it on the path you intend to drive and drive out slowly so you don't throw the cement on your truck.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Ahhh.. just paint it bright orange and tell everyone it's a trail marking cone.... Who'll friggin know? :dunno:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Any updates? I'm in Fontana. I'll take my truck out and help. I got some old 2x4 pieces of wood in my garage. Let me know...

·
Premium Member
59,135 Posts
Reactions: gadget74

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Looking at those pics, I still don't see why it cannot just be rocked out of there maybe using some support. Cement sounds interesting, never heard that one before, makes sense though. Seems like someone who knows what they're doing could get that thing out of there within an hour.

Like Gadget said, you may want to consider getting a Pro out there. They might be able to pop it out in 15-mins. If it takes longer, then you know you were really stuck pretty good.

·
Premium Member
59,135 Posts
Cement works unbelievably well in mud. It is a trick I learned from the concrete truck drivers when I was in construction. It doesn't take much and it makes a hell of a difference. But Gadget74 probably has the best advice.

Reactions: gadget74 and Pops

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Cement works unbelievably well in mud. It is a trick I learned from the concrete truck drivers when I was in construction. It doesn't take much and it makes a hell of a difference.
Ya know, now that you mention it, I did have a buddy once tell me that. His Dad owns a concrete company and he was telling me they just pour it in around the tires to get their trucks out and that's why there's sometimes spills in the middle of a muddy field. I'm gonna have to remember that from now on.

·
Premium Member
45,045 Posts
Looking at those pics, I still don't see why it cannot just be rocked out of there maybe using some support. Cement sounds interesting, never heard that one before, makes sense though. Seems like someone who knows what they're doing could get that thing out of there within an hour.

Like Gadget said, you may want to consider getting a Pro out there. They might be able to pop it out in 15-mins. If it takes longer, then you know you were really stuck pretty good.
and the moral of the story is.........

not to bag on anyone, but if you don't know what you are doing you shouldn't risk tearing up a $20,000 + vehicle.......

21 - 40 of 200 Posts