Nissan Titan Forum banner
41 - 60 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
and the moral of the story is.........

not to bag on anyone, but if you don't know what you are doing you shouldn't risk tearing up a $20,000 + vehicle.......
Then how will you learn what not to do? Life experiences man!!

My opinion, the OP needs to get his butt out there with another truck or two, get his butt dirty and quit whining about his truck being a goner!

Go do something about it!!

Reactions: A.I.I.Raciing

·
Registered
682 Posts

My opinion, the OP needs to get his butt out there with another truck or two, get his butt dirty and quit whining about his truck being a goner!

OOOOOHHH Snap!:deathsent

·
Registered
189 Posts

You learn from having buddies that can be talked into doing dumb$%!& with there vehicles while you ride shotgun. If they make it out ok then you try it with yours.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
So is she a goner or did you get her out?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
So what's the deal with your truck did you get it out? I'm 5 mins. from you in La Verne, do you need a few of us 4X4 to come help you? I have one tow strap couple other guys here offered to help with 4X4 we should be able to help you out. Where are you in the base of Mt. Baldy? Looks like I've been in that area....PM me and we can hopefully get at least 3 other 4X4 to meet up today and help pull you out. I'll PM you my cell number.

·
Registered
571 Posts
So what's the deal with your truck did you get it out? I'm 5 mins. from you in La Verne, do you need a few of us 4X4 to come help you? I have one tow strap couple other guys here offered to help with 4X4 we should be able to help you out. Where are you in the base of Mt. Baldy? Looks like I've been in that area....PM me and we can hopefully get at least 3 other 4X4 to meet up today and help pull you out. I'll PM you my cell number.
I was just at Mt. Baldy a couple weeks ago. Not far from my house at all. Let us know if your still stuck.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
u guys need to understand that when this happened yesterday it was 3:30 i waited an hour for a diesel x44 truck. by this time it was 4:30 then we had to figure a safe way to get the truck down to try and pull me out. by the ti.e we tried pulling myself out it was basically 5 and about to b dark. those people saying o your an idiot of not pulling it out last night. im not. why the hell would i try to pull it out AT NIGHT iwith no flashlights when i have never done anything like this b4. i cant use a flatjack or w/e. you guys need to get that this mud is like no other. it is hard to walk in. let alone jack up a half ton truck. the jack would slip if i did that. i will take a pic and post it up tonight on how much it slid down so you wise as*'s can get what im dealing with

·
Registered
421 Posts
u guys need to understand that when this happened yesterday it was 3:30 i waited an hour for a diesel x44 truck. by this time it was 4:30 then we had to figure a safe way to get the truck down to try and pull me out. by the ti.e we tried pulling myself out it was basically 5 and about to b dark. those people saying o your an idiot of not pulling it out last night. im not. why the hell would i try to pull it out AT NIGHT iwith no flashlights when i have never done anything like this b4. i cant use a flatjack or w/e. you guys need to get that this mud is like no other. it is hard to walk in. let alone jack up a half ton truck. the jack would slip if i did that. i will take a pic and post it up tonight on how much it slid down so you wise as*'s can get what im dealing with
sounds like you need to stick to driving on the road. No offense or anything but why the hell do you keep going off the beaten path if you have no idea how to save yourself if something happens. Your lucky you have good friends with diesels. you need to stop freaking out, man up get your buddies up there with some come-a-longs, chains, lumber, winch whatever the f*ck and pull that truck out.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
who would have thought?!

·
Registered
421 Posts
not just any piece of wood either the larger the better 4x4 piece of ply-wood would be great. the more surface area the less the jack will sink.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Hell, get a few sheets of ply wood and maybe you won't get near as dirty when you are working around the truck!

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Whatever you do, bring us pics of the recovery effort, starting with the truck in situ. :blueblob:

Reactions: gadget74

·
Premium Member
59,135 Posts
Whatever you do, bring us pics of the recovery effort, starting with the truck in situ. :blueblob:
In situ? Sounds more like an Engineer than the Pope.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Trust me man, If you hook a truck up to it, dig out a level or semi level area to put the jack on, nad then jacke it up slowly and place boards under her it will eventually help. Surface area is your friend in slimy mud so use a wide board for the jack. Also, if your front end is in the same spot as the pics you can place teh jack under teh left side frame rail.

41 - 60 of 200 Posts