Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first of i have been smelling coolant in the engine bay for about a week now. i took it to the stealer to see what it was, it turns out that my thermostat housing is warped:huh:. they had to overnight one from LA. oh well its still under warranty and it will be done tomorrow morning. i love my Titan still!!!:thumbsup:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
93,679 Posts
That's great that they overnighted the part in!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
question for bling, did you see any antifreeze leaking because i have been smelling antifreeze as well but havent seen any leaking and i dont even have 3,000 miles on my truck yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2titan24 said:
question for bling, did you see any antifreeze leaking because i have been smelling antifreeze as well but havent seen any leaking and i dont even have 3,000 miles on my truck yet.
if i got up on a stool and looked down onto the to of the motor, right below the throttle body i could see the reminance of coolant. i looked couple of times and missed it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,534 Posts
2titan24 said:
question for bling, did you see any antifreeze leaking because i have been smelling antifreeze as well but havent seen any leaking and i dont even have 3,000 miles on my truck yet.
I have the same problem as well, I keep smelling it here and there but cant find anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,534 Posts
BlingAlong06 said:
if i got up on a stool and looked down onto the to of the motor, right below the throttle body i could see the reminance of coolant. i looked couple of times and missed it.
I look there too tomarrow, thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
533 Posts
Check for a leak just below the copper coupling. See photo. I found this leak but it didn't care of the coolant smell. I only notice my coolant smell when using defrost.

white
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,534 Posts
I dont smell it inside at all just outside sometimes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
well i am due for my first oil change so i guess i will have them check to see what the deal is, might as well use that good old warranty i guess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
969 Posts
in las vegas, not surprised
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,557 Posts
BlingAlong06 said:
first of i have been smelling coolant in the engine bay for about a week now. i took it to the stealer to see what it was, it turns out that my thermostat housing is warped:huh:. they had to overnight one from LA. oh well its still under warranty and it will be done tomorrow morning. i love my Titan still!!!:thumbsup:
That may be a problem on your truck but, it won't kill the coolant smell altogether. You'll probably always get a little coolant smell after a trip or towing if you get out of the truck and walk to the front. My truck has been in 4 times to find the source but they can never find anything....and I lose no coolant! Strange!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,557 Posts
BRACEYOSELF777 said:
I got mine replaced several months after I got the truck. No problems yet. :)
The one in the truck now is the 3rd! I guess I'll be looking at number 4. I can't wait until they tell me it's not covered because I have 37k on the truck. There'll be a mushroom cloud over that dealership! Look for it on the news!
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top