Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Coming home from the Oklahoma-Baylor football game. I had taken my six year old daughter to her 1st ever OU game and we had a great time. We were almost out of Norman and onto I-35 when someone rear ends me, then swerves and hits another guy in the lane next to me.

The guy that hit me was in an 07 Toyota 4Runner and his vehicle was easily totaled. I was shocked at the damage of his vehicle compared to mine and even more shocked that no one in it was hurt badly. If I had to guess the damage on my Titan, I'd say it is between $3000-$5000. My only concern is that when I look at the truck from the back, it is very uneven and I fear a bent frame.

More importantly, the truck protected me and my six year old daughter, who only cried when she saw the damage to my truck. The old man wasn't paying attention and was going over the speed limit according to an eye witness. I was almost at a complete stop at a red light when he nailed me.

Is there any advice you guys can give me when I have the body shop look at it?

I'll post pics later but the entire bed looks f%$ked!!!

She would have turned one year old the week after Thanksgiving too/:crying:

BTW, this is my 2nd new blue truck and both have been in wrecks within a year... neither my fault!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
ahhh, well hope and pray shes totaled, and you can buy it reallll cheap and get a brand new one as well !

·
Registered
279 Posts
that sucks man i know the feeling

·
Registered
262 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my 05 Titan KC. I had my then 3.5 year old - coming back from a ginger bread house making thing at his school when we got rear ended by a brand new TL when I was stopped at a light. I didn't feel a thing, just heard a loud boom. Her car was toast. We drove away. I had the body shop due a frame measurement prior to repair. They fixed it so it looked brand new. I traded it in on a Hybrid as my commute went to 170 miles/day. I am now back to an 06 Titan CC. I installed a hitch just to beef up the rear. Hope I never need it.

Glad to hear you and your family is ok.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Sorry to hear man. I would take your daughter to the hospital just in-case to make sure she is perfectly fine...

I'd hope my truck would be totalled to so I could get a new truck.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Took it to my body shop today and I was correct... $3500 damage to fix the truck unless the Leer 700 is bent underneath the lid. Then it would be around $4500 to fix. They will also put the truck on a computer to make sure that the frame is still intact and not bent. My insurance adjuster will be dropping by tomorrow, so repairs will be underway on Monday, and possibly finished in less than two weeks if all goes well.

Also, if you are a dad (or mom) considering the Titan and were wondering about safety... I can honestly say that this truck took the impact better than any other truck that I've had experience with.

For me and my six year old daughter to walk away without a scratch, says something about the structure and build quality of this truck. The only option that I wanted that I would recommend to future buyers is the side airbags. If you would have seen the 07 4Runner that drilled us, and not have seen my truck before hand, you would have been amazed at how well the Titan absorbed the punishment and that we walked away unscathed!

Regardless of fuel costs, if you're looking for a full size V8 that is safe and built with quality... take a hard look at the Titan. After Saturday's incident, I wouldn't hesitate purchasing another Titan. However, I would be scared as hell if I owned a newer Toyota 4Runner. I still can't believe that it was a total loss and how bad it took the impact. The whole front end was damned near in the front seat with the passengers!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts