Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share this and see if there are any similar problems/experiences. I did a drain and fill on my transmission two weeks ago. The fluid looked brand new. I replaced it with matic s and decided to change my tranfer case fluid, which is also supposed to be transmission fluid.

I pulled the drain plug out and what came out looked like chocolate milk. It didn't have any reddish tint to it at all. The magnet on the drain plug was also loaded with very small particles, no large chunks of metal. My truck only has 26,000 miles on it and I bought it new. Anybody else have this "issue?"

·
Premium Member
20,599 Posts
I changed my transfer case fluid at 1,000 and 33,000 miles. At 33,000 is was pretty dark. With no external cooler the transfer case fluid can get cooked pretty good. Fortunately the transfer case doesn't have the precision parts that the transmission does.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I changed my transfer case fluid at 30k and it was actually really clean and the only fluid I've changed yet that didn't have crap on the magnet.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
i have been thinking on doing this. any pic of where the case is and bolts to be removed? is the same fluild as the tranny?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Its the aluminium chunck of metal mid ways down your truck with 2 drive shafts running in it. Has a plug on top and one on bottom and yea takes ATF but I put synthethic M1 in mine just personal choice.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I change my transfer case fluid every 30k. The first time I drained it some nasty brown fkuid came out. I replaced it with royal purple atf. Since then I replaced it twice. It didn't look that bad with the royal purple.

al

1 - 7 of 7 Posts