Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well i really need some help guys and i know yall are good at it and i trust yall more than most so heres my issue. i have a 06 titan 4x4 OR,BT and about 15,000 miles am im have for the last 4,000 have some sort of a rear end shimmy shake (more side to side than up and down). ok so i first noticed it after my first rotation at about 10,000. So yesterday i though maybe if i get my tires rotated and balanced maybe i would go away. Well i seems to be maybe a hair worse. The tires on the back now have a bout a 1/4 tread will the front have 1/2. I dont know what else i could be other than crappy tires but i wanted to ask you all before i go drop 800-1000 dollars on new tires if its something else. Please Help!! i also forgot to add that it does it at about 65 and above.

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
Have the drive shaft/ U joints inspected. It might get excessive run out at HWY speeds. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
I have the same truck, same mileage almost.
My buddy has the same truck we have. He kills tires.
His gets twitchy when the tires get to that well used point.

Look around on TT and you might find a set of almost new take off tires for a really good price. That's where my buddy has been gettting his at about 3-400 bucks for a set of 4, and then he gets 'em mounted.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Oh yeah,
Blavis is a professional mechanic of some kind, so do look at his ideas.

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
walleeme said:
Oh yeah,
Blavis is a professional mechanic of some kind, so do look at his ideas.
:rofl: For what they are worth. Also, another option. Look into getting the tires road forced. It will show problems that a normal tire balance won't.

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
bamaman1986 said:
thanks guys ill have to get it checked out. but blavis whats the chances you think its just the tires
^^^^ If they show excessive road force and cannot be indexed to smooth out your ride, they will need to be replaced. It is all trial and error. most shops charge a pretty penny for road forcing. Try rotating back to the front and see if the shimmy moves to the steering wheel. that might better identify a tire problem. Best of luck to you:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts