Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home from indy last weekend the rear end locked up at 65 mph. fun ride to say the least. i got out and everything looked normal. no leaks or anything. i got in and put it in reverse and it went without a hitch. drove forward and it was fine. i was dumbfounded. so i get a mile from my house and it starts making this terrible grinding sound. i get out and check it and see nothing, it wasnt coming from the rear end it was coming from the brakes. i got it straight to the dealer since its under warranty and they strip it down and find that the pads for the emergency brake have delaminated and destroyed my sensors and my axles on the passenger side . none of which is covered.

at this time i had them check the truck out front to back. i told them that every couple thousand miles i titan up the transfercase bolts because the back themselves out. under warranty i get a new transfercase.

they are also doing 3 recalls all electrical stuff. one involves dropping the tank. im also getting tranny cooler lines replaced and a u joint on the front driveshaft. and an axle seal i found leaking a few weeks ago is being fixed under warranty which is nice.

all in all i havent had one problem in 3 years. now all of a sudden this truck is fallin apart. seeing im getting all this stuff fixed i might as well keep it.. im losing my hope in nissan quickly. expecially after seeing all the other problems in this part of the site. kinda messed up!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Dude, every make and model vehicle has problems. Some people rarely have a problem, while others experience more. When was the last time you had your brakes inspected or serviced? If you didn't do this, you were asking for problems.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Mostly sounds like known issues in Titans of that era. 4x4 increases maintenance cost inherently. Many Transfer cases have been replaced and front axles fall out all the time. Glad I stuck with 2WD! Axle Seal leak will destroy the Parking Brake on many brands of pickups. Our GMC's & Ford's at work lose normal brakes or parking brakes due to same issue when it occurs. Tank Sensor is a recall, and gives you a new Fuel Filter and Fuel Pump too, it is all one assembly. Good stuff! Glad mine was recalled recently. Stay up on recalls. Other electrical issues were not explained, but apparently recalls also. So, Nissan stood behind the issues, although you incurred much cost for axles. Non Drive Train after 5 Years. You do have a 2006 correct? Bought used around 2008? Unfortunate to have these cost, but as VQPOWER stated, all vehicles have weak spots. Everything listed is what we discuss here all the time. I love my 06! Keep an eye on yours, and you'll get many more years out of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts