Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The True Trac finally came in today. Next step is having it installed.

And here are some pics for your enjoyment...

At first I was worried because the box said 40 splines and another sticker said 32 splines, so I counted the actual number of splines and sure enough it was 32 splines. Must have mixed the boxes up.
Oh and be careful with these, it's a heavy sumbich.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks real sweet. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger and get one myself. Where did you get yours and how much if I may ask?

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
I want one of those so bad !!!!!!!!...The bud, that is.........LOL

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
I would buy the tru trac right now but the install would be the problem... there arent many that will do it around here and those that will want like 300 bucks for an install... Im not willin to pay that much for an install... and others wont warranty it from "whistling or whining" is what they say... I though that was only with gear replacements... but I dunno much bout this stuff so I dunno

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Cannon00000 said:
What does the TrueTrac do?
Are you familiar with limited slip differentials?

Good touch with the beer bottle for scale. Looks like a solid piece of machinery. I don't know why it wouldn't be warranted... if anything, it reduces stress on the drive components since it distributes force instead of jamming it all into one axle.

Andrew

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
ablexus said:
Are you familiar with limited slip differentials?

Good touch with the beer bottle for scale. Looks like a solid piece of machinery. I don't know why it wouldn't be warranted... if anything, it reduces stress on the drive components since it distributes force instead of jamming it all into one axle.

Andrew

Are u referring to what I said bout being warranted? I was talkin bout the install... from it "whining or whistling" is what they said (the shop who would do it)...

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
pi3yeargrad said:
Are u referring to what I said bout being warranted? I was talkin bout the install... from it "whining or whistling" is what they said (the shop who would do it)...
Sounds more like they are referring to a poor gear setup, which can whine and whirl. Although you're not changing the gear set, the ring still must be removed and installed on the Trutrac. Backlash, mesh, preload, etc must still be setup properly. The trutrac shouldn't make any more noise than an open differential.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Make sure you get the carrier bearings and axle seals, you might have to order the axle seals from the dealership.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Good upgrade you will notice the difference.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Leadsled124 said:
it is totally silent no whineing or anything. here the hunk a junk spider gears ull be pullin out...
I don't know what would be better the new locker/diff with 4 spider gears + warranty or the truetrack.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
trutrac all the way. The spider gears are NOT a locker. although stronger than the old 2 spider setup, ive seen teeth come off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts