Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are couple of shots of my recently Supercharged Titan. I haven't dynoed it yet because it was just installed this past weekend. Still waiting for catback and maybe headers. Haven't made up my mind on the exhaust system yet, however I do know I won't get the BANKS.. Since the truck is still on stock exhaust, all I hear now is the Vortech whining.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
well??? how's it running??
is it shifting all the way out or shifting early...?
how's the off the line?/ still hampered bad by the torque mgmt?
how much$$$?
QUESTION QUESTION QUESTION??
hehe.. we wanna know

Attachments

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
by the way... Nice truck.. NICE HOUSE!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honestly I haven't gotten on it yet..Want to make sure the installations are good and nothing leaking. Also still trying to run out of the old gas (87 octane) and put some new gas (93 octane) in first.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Delta15 said:
you'll probably need headers because the supercharger will burn out your stock cats
Yes, do remove the stock cats!!! From other S/C post on here the stock cats are the number one cause of engine failure. When they come apart the pieces gets sucked back in to the engine = Big Problems. I read on another forum (not titan) that the Vortech is easier on the drivetrain because the boost comes in at a higher rpm than the roots style, so less stress on the bottom end.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
No one has proven that the cats have killed the s/c motors. It is only speculation.

·
Registered
691 Posts
well did you install it yourself?

or did a shop do it

if they did it punch it baby!

by the way
i am starting a new site
it is a forum like this one but i am an off-roader (when i can afford to be)

come take a look linky

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Ha...I just realized that it don't replace the intake manifold.

Can that tall arese intake handle the air......

·
Registered
341 Posts
dawgs77 said:
Can that tall arese intake handle the air......

If it's similar to composite intakes other OEMs use then it should be fine for more boost than the engine could safely take.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did the installation myself this past weekend. Its really not that hard. The hardest part was dropping the gas tank to install the Walbro High Output fuel pump. I tried to run it low on gas but it was still a b*tch to remove and install on your back..

Everything seems to be going really well. I got on it a little yesterday. It has a little more power than before. However it is throwing a code of O2 sensors, I kind of figured that since it is running rich. So now I gotta get some anti foul spark plug extenders to bring the O2 out of the exhaust stream. Thats a little trick that boosted guys use to fool the O2 sensor when running rich.

I am not really concern about the Cat getting clogged at this moment. I have been modding vehicles for the past 10 yrs so I've learned to accept the concept you gotta pay to play.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
purplegodzilla said:
I did the installation myself this past weekend. Its really not that hard. The hardest part was dropping the gas tank to install the Walbro High Output fuel pump. I tried to run it low on gas but it was still a b*tch to remove and install on your back..

Everything seems to be going really well. I got on it a little yesterday. It has a little more power than before. However it is throwing a code of O2 sensors, I kind of figured that since it is running rich. So now I gotta get some anti foul spark plug extenders to bring the O2 out of the exhaust stream. Thats a little trick that boosted guys use to fool the O2 sensor when running rich.

I am not really concern about the Cat getting clogged at this moment. I have been modding vehicles for the past 10 yrs so I've learned to accept the concept you gotta pay to play.

thier is no such thing as they might clog... " they will clog if running rich i can bet my truck on it" soon as they clog your boost levels will skyrocket and say goodbye to the motor..

best thing to do is get the stillen longtubes and either use thier o2 sims to totally get rid of the cats or put in some high flow dynatechs that can take the extra heat and are made for performance vehicles..

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
purplegodzilla said:

You shold not be throwing any code. I have a service manual....give me a shout if you need help looking up codes...

Running rich will increase the chances of cats clogging. I would be very cautious of the Titan's stock cats. If you had a diff vehicle folks wouldn't even bring it up...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Toomnymods said:
thier is no such thing as they might clog... " they will clog if running rich i can bet my truck on it" soon as they clog your boost levels will skyrocket and say goodbye to the motor..

best thing to do is get the stillen longtubes and either use thier o2 sims to totally get rid of the cats or put in some high flow dynatechs that can take the extra heat and are made for performance vehicles..
I think you misread my posts! I said I am not too concern about it at this time. Eventually I will have a choice of either punch out the cats or put some high flow cats on.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
markislive78 said:
You shold not be throwing any code. I have a service manual....give me a shout if you need help looking up codes...

Running rich will increase the chances of cats clogging. I would be very cautious of the Titan's stock cats. If you had a diff vehicle folks wouldn't even bring it up...
Yeah I don't know why it would be throwing the 02 code. I figured Vortech would have accomodate this by turning off close loop as the system sees positive pressure. I will try to call vortech to see but last time I talked to one of the tech, he sounded like a dumb arse.

Anyways, it is throwing the code 1271 and 1281 in which a buddy of mine that is a tech at a local Nissan dealership said it was the A/F Sensors

1 - 20 of 108 Posts