Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 XD Cummins SL 4x4
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post, but thought this may be helpful as there is not many aftermarket air bag systems for MY17-MY20 Titan 2WD. (BTW I have a MY17 King Cab S 2WD; non-XD).

I bought the Air Lift Ride Control 59554 for towing upgrades before buying a travel trailer. This kit is not spec'd for MY17+ Titans per Air Lift. But with comparing MY15 and MY17 frames it was close enough to work. There were also some Amazon reviews saying it works...

The first issue was getting the bag into place. I had to compress the air sleeve pretty far in order to line up the upper bracket. (first photo below) I obviously had some concerns for the bag being misshapen-ed and popping later in life. But after going full send anyway, and inflating it the wrinkles popped out, and bags lifted the truck a good 2 inches on 20 psi. Ran the air lines to the license plate screw holes, makes for a clean look.

One change I had to make from the instructions was bolt placement. There are 3 tapping bolts and 1 pass through. The pass through is suppose to go on lower, rear most hole. But when aligning the bracket, the upper front hole is shadowing a weld tip pass through hole. So I had to use that as a bolt pass through.

Overall, hope this helps. And yes, the Gen1 MY04-15 Air Lift Ride Control will mount to Gen2 MY17+ Non-XD Titans.

Auto part Suspension Disc brake Vehicle brake Brake Auto part Vehicle brake Suspension Brake Suspension part

·
Registered
6 Posts
I run the exact same set up on my 2012 Titan with a onboard compressor. Looks perfectly fine! I did have an issue with the clamp on the bracket of the air bag. I have since renewed with extra heavy duty clamps with no issues. Keep your paper work on the air bags, there is a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
2006 Titan Crew Cab Big Tow Off-road, 315/70-17 BFG MT2, Rocky Road Sliders, Bully Dog GT tuner
96 Posts
Great report. I have a 2006 T BT 4x4 Off-road with the Airlift kit. I had one bag fail after about 6 months due to being low air too long, probably was down to near ambient before it creased and cracked. Keep them checked.

I had the bags replaced under warranty, very grateful since it was certainly my error and told them that. They replaced anyway and gave me a pair to replace the worn and creased but not yet leaking second bag.

I bought the compressor kit as well and mounted under my seat now. I highly advise getting this since it keeps the bags from getting low and failing the week before you wanted to tow... that’s how I know it’s worth it.

With the compressor kit there are more possible air line failure points than before. I’ve added an easily added on valve to act as a cap if needed... and I did need it to cap off the control gauge when it failed, also being replaced under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts