Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may know member fsueric came up from Jacksonville Fla and dropped off his Titan. Heres what i will be installing.I am going to try and update this everyday so maybe some of diy guys will get inspired to takle your own projects.

Kenwood dnx 7100 headunit
Siruis tuner
Bluetooth
Myron & DAvix 7 inch headrest monitors.
Boston acoustics g50 5 channel amplifier
Boston acoustic pro 60 front
Boston acoustics s60 rears
2 Boston acoustics g1 10 inch sub
Custom sub enclosure and install

I started on the Myron & Davis headrest monitors today while I was waiting for Spongebob to show up at my sons Birthday party. I was bored.

First thing you want to do. Is pull the back of the seats off. This is very simple . There are two push in clips at the bottom of each corner. Pull straight out on these pins. Once pulled out you will pull straight down and its off. Next you remove the factory headrest. Just push the button at the bottom and pull up. Once they are out. Feed each cable from the Myron & Davis monitors down the two holes in the top of thes seat and slide the two poles in. Pull the cables down each side of the seat and make sure they are not in the way of any moving parts . this is far as i have gooten so far. But this only took 5 minutes start to finish. I will post pics and updates during the install. Tomorrow is sub box build day and its not my normal enclosure i will take pics along the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
940 Posts
The monitors look good. Could you possibly make some fiberglass molds of the floor under both front seats and make some boxes for me?

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
travelship said:
The monitors look good. Could you possibly make some fiberglass molds of the floor under both front seats and make some boxes for me?
what size subs?

·
Registered
940 Posts
tech12volt said:
what size subs?
8s, possibly slim 10s (kenwood or rockford?) if they'll work in only .35 cf.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
travelship said:
8s, possibly slim 10s (kenwood or rockford?) if they'll work in only .35 cf.
let me see what i can do over the next couple of days.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Thanks Tech, I'll pm with more info.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've got the factory DVD in my truck with the single overhead display. Can these head rest displays be easily tapped into the factory system so I could run all 3? I wouldn't need all three, maybe lose the original but it would be easier for the kids to look straight ahead than up at that angle...

sounds like that will be a sweet install!

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
specialb said:
I've got the factory DVD in my truck with the single overhead display. Can these head rest displays be easily tapped into the factory system so I could run all 3? I wouldn't need all three, maybe lose the original but it would be easier for the kids to look straight ahead than up at that angle...

sounds like that will be a sweet install!
yes that factory piece has to have an output of somekind. i would bet on it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
tech12volt said:
yes that factory piece has to have an output of somekind. i would bet on it.
baseballfanz said:
Yes many have done it, locate the VTR+ and VTR- wire under the factory DVD player. Tap some RCA cable to it and run to extra monitors.
Excellent, thanks guys. Any tips on the best place to acquire them? And I'm just talking the headrests with the LCDs in them, of course.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Hey tech, is that a premade headrest or did you install the monitors in the factory ones?

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Blackbeauty said:
Hey tech, is that a premade headrest or did you install the monitors in the factory ones?

Headrest and monitors come as 1 piece.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Man, you should have held onto that one.... I was thinking, it only took him 5 minutes to do all that..... AND install the monitors in the headrests? WOW!!! He's FAST!!!!! :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts