Nissan Titan Forum banner

n00b

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Ron O`Malley 
#1 ·
Hey - another n00b here.

I've been very active in the Xterra and Nissan community (Southwestern Xterra Club, XOC, Texas Nissan Offroad, Nissan Trail Riders etc) for a long time and just picked up an '04 King Cab Off Road Titan from a friend for a fantastic price!

I looooove the power compared to my heavy underpowered Xterra and i like having something safe and stock to drive.

Here's the Titan:

Here's the X (Still have it.... along with the S2000 you can see in the Titan pic... what is wrong with me?):

See less See more
#2 ·
The titan leveled and exhaust?

#4 · (Edited)
You know, I'm not even sure. I know there is a cold air intake on it.

Is the double exhaust tip stock?

Edit: Okay I went out and looked - it has a True Flow intake and a Flowmaster sticker under the hood.

also has Rancho shocks and airbags for the rear and a trailer brake controller

Getting this truck was a very last-minute no-research thing. I had been daydreaming about getting one in the future but had no immediate plans - then on Sunday my friend posted up saying he was buying a 3/4 ton to tow his 5th wheel and was getting gouged on the trade-in because of high mileage (160k). He said if anyone wanted it he'd let it go for what they offered him on the trade-in or a bit less so I jumped on it. Went from "Hmm... maybe buy a Titan in 6 or 8 months??" to "Hey - I just bought a Titan!" in one day.

#7 · (Edited)
Yeah - the maintenance is one thing that's great about it. I am 100% confident that he was meticulous with the maintenance and it's had Mobil 1 synth in it since day 1, synth in the rear end etc.

I was planning to take off the Xterra running boards that are on it - but I keep finding them useful so maybe I won't

#9 ·
Thanks!

For now I just want to keep it the way it is - though it would be nice if I could figure out a way to carry my canoe on it at some point.

I joined the board so I could meet some folks and start learning the ins and outs of this truck.

I see that Nissan puts the same high quality manifolds on the Titan that they put on the Xterra :teeth:

#12 ·
Welcome and enjoy. That X is sweeeeet.

#14 ·
Welcome to TT, nice T and nice X!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.