Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok it took me a couple of evnings to read through the Intake sticky.

Seems like everyone goes for the AEM Brute force for the noise, I don't really want that much noise.

That being said, I really am not wanting an open box, I prefer to have it closed. I prefer a dry filter.

I've looked at the Volant and the AFE.

Early in the sticky there was alot of talk about the AFE stage 2 but it seemed to be overshadowed by the AEM.

Any updated thoughts? with all the other mods I've been working on I can't justify the $$ for the Injen.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
I had AFE stage 2 and currently have the AEM. both perform the same. go with AFE if you want a closed box with a side opening.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
BTW i had zero complaints about my AFE. i just wanted to try out something new.

Reactions: N2MyWake

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I have the AEM brute force and virtually no noise coming from it, only when I 'gun' it you can hear the air sucking in. Overall, pleased with it.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
How did the sound volume compare between those two?
I have the AEM brute force and virtually no noise coming from it, only when I 'gun' it you can hear the air sucking in. Overall, pleased with it.
^^ true. with my AFE it was quiet. you can also get it in a ProDry S filter.

i like the looks of the gunmetal grey AEM tube but i rather have the filter in a metal box like the AFE.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
there is also the banks intake system. if it wasnt so expensive i would get it to go with the banks exhaust. from what ive heard its pretty quiet. but i dont think its a dry filter tho. im personally going with the brute force

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I have the AEM brute force. It was the first mod I did on my T and it has been the only mod I have never thought about changing, I absolutely love this intake.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I'm going to go ahead and order the AFE with a dry filter now. I keep putting off ordering my uprev cable too make sure I have everything purchased for my base, so I'm going to get this on the way now.

fyi I had the volant on my expedition before and was really pleased with it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
had to update my signature line, now that all the decisions are made.... I hate that.

·
Super Moderator
37,029 Posts
I think I need a new dry filter .... What was the model number and do you have a link?

thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have the banks intake, love it. Put it on the truck at 749 miles truck now has 25000 miles on it and it looks brand new still. Fit and finish is the best out of every other kit zero noise until you really mash the throttle then if opens up but not crazy. Just put the banks exhaust on and it'd is a great pair.

Btw: I live in south arizona where it is very dusty and the filter is holding up great.

·
Registered
519 Posts
So have you had and installed every other kit?
On this truck no, but on my Chevy I had an AEM, K&N, Volant, Bully Dog, Ebay Special, Banks, Airaid, and an XDI. I'm not an expert don't claim to be but when I pop the hood I want an aftermarket piece to blend with the truck and the Banks does that, it looks good and it performs.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
AMSOIL also sells the Injen intake with the AMSOIL dry filter also.

·
Premium Member
58,289 Posts
I know you've already made your choice but I wanted to chime in for others contemplating a CAI. I have the AEM and in normal driving it is silent. If I hear it I know my gas mileage just went to ****. When I have a friend in my truck who isn't familiar with Titans I love to stomp on the gas. The sound is pure heaven. It sounds like it will suck rice burners into the intake manifold and spit them out the exhaust broken and defeated.

If I could have only three mods they would be leveling, CAI, and Go Rhino nerf bars.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have the AFE Stage 2 and love it. You will not be disappointed.

Reactions: N2MyWake

·
Registered
902 Posts
I have the Banks intake on my truck I decided to go with this one because it is completely sealed for offroad and is about the same noise as my stock air box after I trimed the snorkel and it has a nice clean fit and finish. It is the only kit that has the peice that fills in the gap on the engine cover with a little resonance chamber for the breather hoses to connect just like the factory intake. The only complaint I have with the kit is since it is completly sealed and there is no access door you have to pull the box out to clean the filter. The filter with the kit is HUGE the box looks big from the outside and is completly stuffed in there with the cone filter. I have had the kit for about 25,000 miles.

Here is a photo so you can see how big the sealed box is and how the resonance chamber ties in the the factory engine cover like stock did.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I have the Banks intake on my truck I decided to go with this one because it is completely sealed for offroad and is about the same noise as my stock air box after I trimed the snorkel and it has a nice clean fit and finish. It is the only kit that has the peice that fills in the gap on the engine cover with a little resonance chamber for the breather hoses to connect just like the factory intake. The only complaint I have with the kit is since it is completly sealed and there is no access door you have to pull the box out to clean the filter. The filter with the kit is HUGE the box looks big from the outside and is completly stuffed in there with the cone filter. I have had the kit for about 25,000 miles.

Here is a photo so you can see how big the sealed box is and how the resonance chamber ties in the the factory engine cover like stock did.

Just never did like any hose on an intake that is flex like that, causes too much turbulence in the flow to the manifold, smooth is the way to go on the tube and any hose attached to it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts