Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years back my 2010 Nissan Titan Pro 4x was flooded when duck hunting. My navigation system/map system has since stopped working. The radio controls on my steering wheel also stopped working, and my clock will not work properly. I was wondering if anyone has ever replaced the navigation system(Cost), and if the steering wheel control/clock were separate issues or issues combined with the navigation system?

Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
That sucks. The nav system sucks I have a 2012 with 2014 (last year they updated DVD) nav. I compare it to Waze on my phone and it’s usually taken by my out of the way plus it can’t read traffic. I would just have a new head unit with nav or app support installed probably cost the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Noel... I have been looking for replacement nav systems and OEM parts are between $650-$1100 from what I've found.

As far as the steering wheel control issues I think I have to replace the Clock Spring or something like that.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Thanks Noel... I have been looking for replacement nav systems and OEM parts are between $650-$1100 from what I've found.

As far as the steering wheel control issues I think I have to replace the Clock Spring or something like that.
Yeah I think your correct on the steering wheel not real familiar with that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
889 Posts
The problem with a flooded vehicle is the sheer amount of electronics that can get damaged. Circuits, relays, even parts of the ECM or BCM modules themselves can be inoperative. I'd start by getting a good scan with one of the tools that can separate BCM codes from the others. People don't like to hear it, but going to the dealer and paying for an hour of CONSULT 3 time may be worth it, particularly if they can provide an accurate assessment of what remains damaged after the flood.

·
Registered
889 Posts
ECM is the electronic control module, BCM is the body control module. BCM is usually where radio, nav and other electronic control systems are located. ECM controls engine, fuel injection and powertrain control codes are found.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts