Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the Nav System work in Canada or Mexico? Will it be as accurate as it would in the U.S.
thanks for any input.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
SMB said:
Will the Nav System work in Canada or Mexico? Will it be as accurate as it would in the U.S. thanks for any input.
It will if the maps are as accurate. The GPS system works off geo-stationary satelites and I don't think they discriminate against those outside the US. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rrumaner said:
It will if the maps are as accurate. The GPS system works off geo-stationary satelites and I don't think they discriminate against those outside the US. :)
Thanks for that I am going to be driving up through Canada and I think that I will need to familarize myself with the system before I begin my Journey. Is the system easy to get used to using?

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
SMB said:
Thanks for that I am going to be driving up through Canada and I think that I will need to familarize myself with the system before I begin my Journey. Is the system easy to get used to using?
Go out into your driveway with the Nav manual in your hand, start the truck, accept the license screen and work through the manual. I had mine configured to my preferences in about 20 minutes.

I added all my client's addresses (the maps will show the number on the display as you get close to them), had it set up to show me all gas stations, ATMs and restaurants near me as I drive, told it what areas to avoid when computing routes and figured out all the other bells and whistles in that 20 minutes.

Just remember that you cannot program an address or a destination while driving. You will have to be at a complete stop for the keys to become active.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
SMB said:
Will the Nav System work in Canada or Mexico? Will it be as accurate as it would in the U.S.
thanks for any input.
Yes, it should be fine, but you will probably need different discs for U.S., Canada & Mexico.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts