Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went ahead and ordered the Nissan Navigation System 10 - 11 Year DVD v7.6 this week because every time I drive over the Lake Lewisville Toll Bridge the nav system freaks out. The map DVD costs $150 and I was not able to find it anywhere else, so I paid the money. After opening it, I had to see what made it tick so I placed it in my computer and found out that the DVD is a DL with 7.8GB of data on it. So, I went to Best Buy and picked up some DVD +R DLs and did a little test. I copied the disk as a backup and placed the copied disk in the DVD player under the seat and put the original disk back up in a safe spot. So far no problems. The copied disk works fine.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I went ahead and ordered the Nissan Navigation System 10 - 11 Year DVD v7.6 this week because every time I drive over the Lake Lewisville Toll Bridge the nav system freaks out. The map DVD costs $150 and I was not able to find it anywhere else, so I paid the money. After opening it, I had to see what made it tick so I placed it in my computer and found out that the DVD is a DL with 7.8GB of data on it. So, I went to Best Buy and picked up some DVD +R DLs and did a little test. I copied the disk as a backup and placed the copied disk in the DVD player under the seat and put the original disk back up in a safe spot. So far no problems. The copied disk works fine.
I'll take one with free shipping please..........................lol

·
Registered
264 Posts
Might as well send one up here as well!!:teethmast:teethmast

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now sending a copy of the DVD would be illegal due to copyright laws in America. You know that :eyebrow:

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Try and return the original.
Nope. It's open and they won't return it open unless there's a problem. Thought about it, but nope.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So are ya gonna return it? Help out the others of us that don't want to pay that $150? What are your plans, man?
I've heard of companies giving out evaluation copies. I don't know if this company does that... Shoot me a PM. We can talk.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
my 2011 nav says for 2010 yr

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did not go to this website
Navteq Infiniti Nissan Navigation DVD 7.6 - ANoN (download torrent) - TPB
and did not follow the directions to a tee and did not get a perfectly working copy of version 7.6. Just saying :)

*****one thing is that i did not get the Memorex 5pk 8.5gb DVD+R DL at Staples for $5.00 on sale******* Again. Just saying :)
Dang dude, you couldn't post that before I spent the $150, lol. Also, I spent $15 on a 5pk from Best Buy, geez. Timing is everything.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I did not go to this website
Navteq Infiniti Nissan Navigation DVD 7.6 - ANoN (download torrent) - TPB
and did not follow the directions to a tee and did not get a perfectly working copy of version 7.6. Just saying :)

*****one thing is that i did not get the Memorex 5pk 8.5gb DVD+R DL at Staples for $5.00 on sale******* Again. Just saying :)
I ended up doing this same thing. When I bought my Titan used the DVD was missing. The jackass dealership gave me a 2008 edition GPS DVD (older than my truck). So I found the above link. Works perfectly and saved me $150.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Here's a ridiculous question, and I feel like a tool asking.... But there aren't any definitive instructions on the packaging.

I guess you just... "eject the current disc"... and... "insert the new one" ??

Okay, Okay you guys can politely insult my intelligence. I can handle it !!!

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Here's a ridiculous question, and I feel like a tool asking.... But there aren't any definitive instructions on the packaging.

I guess you just... "eject the current disc"... and... "insert the new one" ??
Yes.

Okay, Okay you guys can politely insult my intelligence. I can handle it !!!
You pretty much took care of that for us. :lol:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts