Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2005 Titan with the factory navigation system. I am looking to get the updated version of navigation dvd but not having any luck with the dealership and don't really trust ebay. Is there such a thing to upgrade to the newest version, where can I get it and how much do they usually cost? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
366 Posts
well i got a card in the mail from nissan telling me that the new version was avalible, and go to a web site, but i seem to have miss placed the card, so a soon as i find it i give it to you unless someone else knows.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Reactions: Bentil9

·
Registered
35 Posts
For that price you can buy a tom tom or magellan!!

I can see $60 or $70 bucks. But $190.00:fu:

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Yeah... A $1200 option should come with at least one or two free upgrades. That's a HUGE ripoff!!!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
yeah man the darn dealership is a ripped off.heck the dealership :bangit:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
sidewinder517 said:
I can see $60 or $70 bucks. But $190.00
Get 4-5 guys together and start burning DVD's.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
mjw357 said:
Get 4-5 guys together and start burning DVD's.
I don't think it works that way. YOU GET NOTHING. All they do is load the new software into your DVD reader under the passenger seat, take your money and send you away..... They wouldn't GIVE you a DVD.... That's just begging to be pirated at the prices they charge.....

·
Registered
779 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
I don't think it works that way. YOU GET NOTHING. All they do is load the new software into your DVD reader under the passenger seat, take your money and send you away..... They wouldn't GIVE you a DVD.... That's just begging to be pirated at the prices they charge.....
are you sure? I thought the DVD stayed in an acted sort of like a hard drive for the system. I don't have one in my truck, but now you are going to make me pop the cover on my wife's Murano and look :paranoid:

·
Registered
250 Posts
they should all have to change thier names to stealerships!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
The DVD stays in the drive under the passenger seat. As for burning I'm sure there is some exotic anti copy software on the disk.

·
Registered
10 Posts
People on the acura forums have been trying to burn the dvd's for years with no success... Alpine is the manufacturer of the nav for them, don't know who is for nissan... I have a Magellan for my titan and the updated s/w is $99...

ocwill1

·
Registered
367 Posts
Unfortunately, the map dvd comes from an outside company called Zenrin and they do charge 190 for the Map DVD and an install DVD. Maybe Zenrin is a part of Nissan? All of the other navigation systems I've had in vehicles were through Navtech and was about the same price. Total rip off.

I agree, for $75 I would upgrade perhaps every other year. Just for giggles, I grabbed my version 6.3 navigation DVD and was able to burn an exact copy (yes I put the burned copy in the player and it worked perfect). So now I have a backup. I don't advocate pirating software, but I certainly wouldn't blame someone if they did.

·
Registered
647 Posts
HIT ME UP FOR VERSION 6.6 DISCs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
dut said:
I have a few version 6.6 software update AND map dvd discs. They work in my 04 g35 coupe, so I'm assuming its the same thing.

HIT ME UP FOR VERSION 6.6 DISCs. :)
How old are they?

·
Registered
647 Posts
sidewinder517 said:
How old are they?
I have Version 6.6, which is the newest one for 04-05. Here is the chart:

·
Registered
779 Posts
the maps are half a$$ on the nav system, my garmin and Blackberry telenav are way better. They better get off the price if they want to sell update disk.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Learjet said:
the maps are half a$$ on the nav system, my garmin and Blackberry telenav are way better. They better get off the price if they want to sell update disk.
I hear most "oem" systems are like that. Even on our Mercedes forum people always complaining. LOL.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts