·
Registered
3,410 Posts
For that price they should have a uniball not a flexjoint

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
TitanmediC said:
for those who aren't sure of the difference could you elaborate?
Basically a cheaper, less durable joint with less articulation. Ubiballs are used on race trucks and take a beating.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Here's the uniball:

You can see the difference between 54's photo and this one.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
TitanmediC said:
ok thanx... is that the PRG UCA?
The one I posted is a Total Chaos UCA.

·
Banned
220 Posts
I will post pics of my NCD uppers. Plenty of articulation! Some people who remain nameless are just "nay sayers". If extreme is what you are looking for NCD released a J-arm setup at the Pamona Offroad Expo. SIK

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
kartman said:
Basically a cheaper, less durable joint with less articulation. Ubiballs are used on race trucks and take a beating.
Great information!

I guess paying a little more is worth it, sometimes. I have the TC uppers, which PRG recommended at the time. His new PRG branded upper A-arms, have camber adjustment too, for only a bit more than the Total Chaos were.

Any of you know where/how the camber adjustment is done with the PRG uppers? ... don't notice anything obvious, in the pic. of them, to me anyway.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
NorCal 4x4 said:
Any of you know where/how the camber adjustment is done with the PRG uppers? ... don't notice anything obvious, in the pic. of them, to me anyway.
You should not actually need since the factory camber bolts have a fair amount of adjustment range. But if you are like me and have bent your coilbuckets and need more adjustments the PRG arms will allow it. You thread the heims in or out of the bungs on the upper arm to change camber.

·
Registered
53 Posts
ncd did not put uniball because you can rebuild the flex joint and replace if needed ncd came out before prg the only diff is uni ball what does that tell you somebody copy

·
Registered
578 Posts
greemoto208 said:
ncd did not put uniball because you can rebuild the flex joint and replace if needed ncd came out before prg the only diff is uni ball what does that tell you somebody copy

so why does the prg kit have camber adjustments and the ncd kit not??

·
Banned
220 Posts
Delta15 said:
so why does the prg kit have camber adjustments and the ncd kit not??
UMMM.....IT DOES.
They both have heim joints!! Thanks though.:smoke:

·
Banned
220 Posts
kartman said:
For that price they should have a uniball not a flexjoint
$475 should include a uniball, really? How much are PRG's? How much are TC, which have bushings, not heim joints. I bet for their price they will add a uniball.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts