Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which leveling kit is better i know everyone is gonna say prg but these others are half the price. Both are 2.5in which i dont like becuase i have a 4x4 and i hear ill get some hitting on my coil buckets what can help this ( i dont off road that much).

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
What can help the hitting? The 2" PRG kit.... :dunno:

You can also get the PRG UCA's or the Total Chaos UCA's to allow additional clearance for the c/o... But then, that defeats the purpose of paying less, now doesn't it? :D

·
Premium Member
75,169 Posts
i got the ncd during a group by special, i have yet to install it though. both are great products, but i don't know how you can judge a machined piece of metal. no failures or complaints noted from either..

the west siders will certainly chime in with better info for you.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
NCD does sell the block for 4x4's. It's makes a 2" lift. I would go with NCD if your going that route. It's pretty similar to PRG's block.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought ncd only made the 2.5 for both

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
NCD has a 2 inch kit now. *edited for misreading on my part*

·
Premium Member
75,169 Posts
spoonman said:
NCD has a 2 inch kit now. Are you going to be selling your 2.5 inch kit?? If so i may be interested.
me, no. I haven't installed it yet because I've been spending my wrench time working on my dad's fleet with him which has left little time for titan projects. being a new dad also books up your weekends as does house shopping..

....and all i want to do is play with my truck!

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
spoonman said:
NCD has a 2 inch kit now. Are you going to be selling your 2.5 inch kit?? If so i may be interested.
He didn't say he had a 2.5" kit... :confused:

He's asking the difference between the various vendors' options.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
He didn't say he had a 2.5" kit... :confused:

He's asking the difference between the various vendors' options.
oops, hehe. I posted with morning groggyness (i had just woke up) so i must have read it wrong!.

Anyway, i think one difference is that the NCD kits have threaded bolts if i remember correctly. I think the top gunz customs are pressed on. Also Top Gunz only sells a 2.5 inch kit while NCD has both 2 and 2.5 inch kits. Another difference is that the Top Gunz kit is made of steel while the NCD is made out of billet aluminum. It all comes down to preference.

·
Registered
306 Posts
DeadRiver said:
also, if you call ncd and ask they are very nice as is greg!

i personally went out to the NCD office which is also their fab shop. All I can say is WOW! i forget the gentlemans name that helped me, but i do believe he's the owner. Nicest guy ever. I did have to drive out about 1 to 1 1/2 hours but it was honestly worth it. This kit has caused me no problems but if i could only figure out why my shock's bottom out. arghhhh!

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
MIZZARK said:
i personally went out to the NCD office which is also their fab shop. All I can say is WOW! i forget the gentlemans name that helped me, but i do believe he's the owner. Nicest guy ever. I did have to drive out about 1 to 1 1/2 hours but it was honestly worth it. This kit has caused me no problems but if i could only figure out why my shock's bottom out. arghhhh!
and while you wasted all this time to guy say hi to a "nice" guy, you could have gone to PRG's and met the nicest guy ever and actually had a thorough explanation as to why your shock is bottoming out. you guys never learn.

·
Premium Member
75,169 Posts
hooligan said:
and while you wasted all this time to guy say hi to a "nice" guy, you could have gone to PRG's and met the nicest guy ever and actually had a thorough explanation as to why your shock is bottoming out. you guys never learn.
Greg flew out to the east coast for our meet his past summer... that's one hell of a guy there. I didn't get to chat it up since i wasn't planning on spending $$ on my suspension yet.. plus you can imagine how he got rushed once guys realized who it was. I think he's the only vendor from the left side that showed up as promised. :cheers:

does he have a "shop" or is his driveway?

·
Registered
306 Posts
hooligan said:
uhm, why must people post useless sh*t. this thread had nothing to do w/ prg or greg. i have nothing against Greg or PRG but i spoke w/ the guy at ncd and he said I should stop by and check out the shop, and i could never say no to a good drive on a bright and sunny day in so cal.. you should know what i mean.. the main concern of this thread was to do a comparison on ncd and top gunz kits and i posted my personal experience. and btw, my shocks were bottoming out before i put on my level kit ftw. sorry, i guess i never learn. anyways :cheers: to all. have a great night.

·
Registered
306 Posts
hooligan said:
and i know Greg is very kind, but he's not the only kind person in this whole world... once again, nothing against Greg, he's an awesome dude. just my input about what you're saying. nothing against you hooligan.. and once again :cheers:.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
MIZZARK said:
and i know Greg is very kind, but he's not the only kind person in this whole world... once again, nothing against Greg, he's an awesome dude. just my input about what you're saying. nothing against you hooligan.. and once again :cheers:.
fair enough...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts