Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to part number and/or a vendor for the wrap around weather strip for th 2004 kc drivers side cab. Seems like the mailorder folks dont seem to carry it.

It was a very poor design as it is flimsy material and because of the location my shoes finally wore it out.

I also wonder if there might be a universal replacement that I can use instead of buying the factory version which probably has not been improved.

Thanks

John:)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That appears to be the on the door. I am looking for the weather strip on the cab that is a continuous loop.

I am also looking for the plastic panels under the wipers. Sun and weather has discolored them and no chemical I have tried has restored them.

Thanks

John

2004 LE KC:hat: :hat:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Wow I thought I was the only one with this problem :crying:
I have to agree that it is poorly designed, but I havent had any leaks so...

Thanks for the links Demondw3

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Need 2004 kc drivers side weather strip/wiper cowls

Hey guys

I got all the prices on a direct email to mossy from nissanpartscheap.com website.

On wiper cowl panels:

Those cowl panels below the wipers are expensive! ($250 plus if you buy both of them from a dealer).

It is a shame that those plastic panels are made of a plastic that cannot be restored at least not with anything I have found so far. If I buy new ones I will certainly use some kind of protectant on them in the hope of it not happening again.

I have read where some have painted them and found the procedure on here.

I do hope Nissan has fixed the poor quality THIN and easily damaged weather striping that isnt cheap either.

John

·
Registered
332 Posts
Wow :eek2: $250 for some plastic panels!
I would think they would be relatively easy to paint once you got them off the truck, a good cleaning, some light sanding and repaint - it is worth a shot before spending that kind of money.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My truck is not even 3 years old and that weather striping on the bottom section on the drivers side is deteriorating rapidly. Foot traffic seems to rub up against it and probably causing the wear and tear. I am told it is NOT a warrenty item but it should be a recall defect. I hope they changed that in newer models. IT is around $50 just for the replacement part.

Johnhttp://www.titantalk.com/forums/images/smilies/rocket.gif
"misslelau

1 - 8 of 8 Posts