Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's the best way to accomplish this? Since my Titan was 2wd I haven't paid much attention to 4x4 systems. But my brother just bought an '08 tonight and is ready to go see Greg. Can we get an honest 4" out of the front without a bracket lift?

Oh, he also wants to run a 35"x12.5" tire. If he goes aftermarket wheel, what wheel specs should he look for (width, b.s., offset)?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
you should know the answer on offset as that has nothing to do with 4wd or 2wd... +30mm offset or as close to that as you can get :lol: good luck LOL as for 4" with the PRG performance package you can get it :D or DRE with blocks for the rear :D that's what I want to do, then get traction bars when I can afford it to help with axle wrap, or deavors when he can afford it ;) but he may not be doing the worlds largest budget build like me :lol:

so a DRE coilover with the 5/8" spacer is probably the most you can go with a good bit of driveability... at least from my impression so far on it, see the thread below with the guy buying DRs :D

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No blocks allowed in this setup. The mini pack and shackle are definites for the rear (forward rake is a no no), as well as Greg's arms up front. Just not sure which coilovers and in what configuration for the front. I was thinking Sway-A-Way 2.25's all around but not sure if that will net the ride height he's looking for. Hopefully Greg will call back today.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I don't think you can get exactly 4" with a standard setup on a 4wd. I have the 4" Performance Pkg. with the 2.5 SAWs adjusted for about 3" of lift and the TC UCAs on my 04 KC 4wd. Greg told me the max lift was about 3.5" for 4wd, but that was pushing it. I imagine the ride would be pretty stiff. I know some folks on CT were experimenting by flipping the coilbucket and using the 2.5 DREs with an aftermarket UCA to get about 4" of lift with a 4wd. But I don't think Greg was completely sold on that idea.

But even though you won't get a full 4" (unless you flip the coilbucket with DREs), the Performance Package with SAWs is incredible! I have the 2.5 Deavers, TC shackles, traction bars, and 2.0 Radflos in the rear. I still have an inch of rake. Greg told me the rear sits higher on my truck because of the Big Tow pkg. He had suggested the 1.5 Deavers, and I didn't listen. If you brother wants it level, that's the way to go. And, even though I still run 33s, I know lots of folks run 35s with no problems.

Trace

·
Registered
366 Posts
Edit:
Forgot to mention that the factory wheels work well with 35s. I believe they're a 18x8 with 5.5" of backspace. I don't have the offroad with 17s. Anyhow, if you go aftermarket, you want to be close to that dimension or else you may have to start hacking the pinch weld.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts