Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im looking for a rear axle for a 4x4. IM located in Dallas but am willing to travel if needed.

·
Registered
456 Posts
An 08 or newer would be a better replacement, you need to make sure you get the right gear ratio so it doesn't conflict with the ratio of the front differential. Your current cant be rebuilt? What is wrong with it?

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Also, the 4x4 and 2wd axles i believe are the same thing, i had 2 of them sitting next to each other, the 2wd being 2.94 and the 4x4 being 3.36 with e-locker, only thing i noticed differently was the 3.36 axle had a taller spring pad (to make the truck sit about an inch higher).

Other than that, no difference that i could see.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I pulled the rear axles to replace the seals and found this on the passenger side. Not sure who or why they cut into it. I just bought the truck a few weeks ago as a daily driver / restoration project. The bearing was also pushed into the axle shaft as seen in the pic. Any advice on repairing it, or should I keep looking for a replacement? After pulling the bearing out I dont see any damage to the axle shaft or the bearing. I havent had a chance to test fit the new bearings to see how they fit due to rain.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts