Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new here and new to Titans. I just bought my new 19 SV 4x4 Midnight Edition last week and today I took it in to get 34" MT tires put on. I went to a national tire chain and when I ordered them they assured me they wouldn't rub but they are. I had planned to also do a leveling kit so I wasn't really too surprised or upset about it and went straight to the 4x4 place. Long story short, they wanted around $600 for a 2/1 leveling kit with installation and alignment. At the time I was there, I thought it was just primarily rubbing on the mud flaps but once I got home I saw just how close the tires are to the bumper.

More background details:

I had originally planned on getting the leveling kit to increase ride height strictly to see ahead better in this world of crossovers that we're living in. Yeah I think it looks cool but a lot of it has to do with visibility and safety. After the new tires went in, I am only 1" shy of my target for ride height and paying $600 for a leveling kit not knowing if that's going to clear up the rubbing or not seems like a big gamble and kind of a waste of money.

I am actually quite happy with the stock rake and I actually prefer to have the nose angled a little lower in the front. The reason being that I live on a mountain and it when you're going uphill it can be very hard to see what's in front of the truck. My last truck (tacoma) was hard to see over the hood. I'm happy with it currently and concerned that if I add the leveling kit that I will be shooting myself in the foot.

So what I'm looking for is some advice on what to do. If you look at the pictures, do you really think a 2/1 leveling kit will put an end to the rubbing? Should I try trimming the bumper or trim something else? Should I try to get the tire store to exchange for a smaller size tires?

If you think the truck currently looks too low on the outside, I'd agree with you but on the inside I really like it and I'm not convinced that the leveling kit will be worth the money or fix the problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
The leveling kit may help a bit, but I suspect you will still rub since the problem isn't the height of the truck, rather the diameter of the tire. Does it rub on lock or turn-in? What about under compression of the front suspension?

·
Registered
172 Posts
You may still rub a little even with leveling kit. I dont know if that is a factory wheel or not but positive wheel offset and rim width can also cause it to be a rub a little more as it will throw the tire a little closer to the fender well. If it was me I would just tell them to give you a little smaller tire so it clears. You said you like the stance why waist 600.00.

·
Registered
206 Posts
You may still rub a little even with leveling kit. I dont know if that is a factory wheel or not but positive wheel offset and rim width can also cause it to be a rub a little more as it will throw the tire a little closer to the fender well. If it was me I would just tell them to give you a little smaller tire so it clears. You said you like the stance why waist 600.00.

I agree. I don’t understand how a small lift will get those tires further from the bumper (not significantly anyhow). The are almost vertically aligned with each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Should have consulted on here first before trusting what the tire "experts" had to say. I'd be asking them to replace the 34's with 33's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts