Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting it on a 2006 LE. I'd prefer it come off a 2008-2015. Low miles preferred. My door says CC29, so I hope it's right. there are no labels on my rear axle anymore. I need to jack the truck up and spin things to measure.

I'm located in East Central Alabama, so extra points for driving distance. Yes, I know they can be rebuilt, but I'm hoping for a faster/cheaper method. My axle/diff has enough wrong with it (and 215k miles on it) that I prefer not to put lipstick on this particular pig.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Your door sticker is useless to determine gear ratio. Wrong often enough to be comical.

Figure out your gear ratio and do a search. You can likely find a rear diff around AL somewhere. There is an LKQ parts place in Huntsville with several Titans, and I'm sure there are other yards in the state with possible donors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I measured the axle, it's a 2.94. Jacked up the rear end, marked the driveshaft and one tire. Locked the other tire in place. Spun the axle just under 1.5 times for one spin of the tire.

The thing I'm unsure of is ABS. My truck has ABS. Do all axle assemblies have the ABS tone rings and sensors? Or did some trucks now have ABS?

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
All Titans had 4-wheel ABS.

Reactions: taev

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hollanderparts.com
car-parts.com
Thank you for those links. I tried calling about several on hollanderparts, but got a lot of no-answer and one that had already crushed the truck. I ended up buying a used one from a scrapyard via ebay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts