Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, about 2 months ago I installed JBA shorty headers along with two new Magnaflow catalytic converters. I also replaced both right side oxygen sensors. This morning, after two months, my ses light came on. Went by autozone and the code was the P0430. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I didn't do any tuning after installing the headers. Think that has anything to do with it?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I went by the local shop that installed my headers and cats and they hooked up to my computer to see what codes they got. They got both P0430 and P0420. The guy told me it was b/c the cats were universal and weren't heavy duty enough to make a difference that the two sensors needs not to kick on. He said I can either order new ones, or he said they have been doing a mod that uses straight pipes and then you weld a small pipe off the straight pipe to put your sensor. He said the heat difference is enough to fool the ecu? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Subscribin in

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Huh??????????????

·
Registered
433 Posts
I posted a comment so it would keep me updated on this because i have a similar problem

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm surprised nobody has any input on this subject?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I didn't do any tuning after installing the headers. Think that has anything to do with it?
i've been researching on other threads here so I can change to LT headers and new b pipes. Everyone has said if I change the headers and cats, uprev is a must or it will throw codes. (I'm no expert)

·
Registered
801 Posts
I have JBA Headers and Mag cat and have no problem with codes I do have UpRev but before my truck was tuned I still didnt have any code. Wish I had more help for you but im not sure what could be causing you to be throwing codes for both cats unless the cats are bad or the O2 sensors were bad but it doesnt sound like they are. Someone on here had this happen and said it cause there mag cats went bad for some reason but that was only one person. The other reason the code can come on is because of a leak. Here is a link http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...21025-code-p0430-need-some-advice-please.html read the 4 post it will tell you all the leaks that can cause this. Good luck

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
hhhhmmmm... I have JBA short tubes and MF HF cats, replaced all four O2 sensors during my swap, after 6k miles since the install I have no SES... I used MF Cat #94605, they are rated for 6.2L/6000 lb. vehicles... double check to make sure the installed cats are rated sufficiently for our engine / vehicle size...
Where are your cats installed? Mine are installed in the B pipe section... I eliminated the forward cat position, welding in place 2.5" straight pipes to the B-pipe bend, then placed the cats after the bend where the OEM secondary cat was located.
Where are the rear O2 sensors installed in your setup? I placed my rear O2 sensors 4" down from the exit of the cat. The rear O2 sensors have to be placed after the cats...

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, two days after the light came on.............it went back off. Today I was driving home from Houston and noticed the SES light was not on anymore? This might be kind of a dumb question, but could the fact that it was the first cold (27 degrees) morning of the year here have anything to do with the light coming on? The guy at the shop said it had to do with heat differences so I was just wondering? Either way I guess I will just see if it stays off and see if it comes back on next time we have that cold of weather.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts