Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking to buy a used 2007 Nissan Titan LE. The truck is exceptionally optioned out with Nav, DVD, etc, and has only 8K miles. I am working with a wholesaler to purchase the truck for $27.5. The original sticker was around $40K. I am looking to buy the truck as an everyday driver, and will be towing a boat that weighs close to 9,000 lbs (fully loaded with trailer).

However, after looking more closely at the truck, I am seeing a couple of mods that are concerning me. The original owner installed a K&N air filter (no big deal), but the larger deal is that he replaced the entire exhaust system with an aftermarket. This replacement also included replacing the factory cat converters with bullet (?) cat converters. The exhaust modification was done by a respected tuner shop, which stated the installed system primarily provides a better sound. The dealer states that the exhaust is legal, but does not meet Nissan standards. Essentially, they are telling me that the warranty on the exhaust is void, and the warranty on the engine could also be void.

Question: Should I be exceptionally concerned about the exhaust mods, especially with regards to my warranty? Will this impact my towing capacity (the primary reason for purchasing this truck)? How expensive would it be to convert the truck exhaust back to factory specs? Would anyone be willing to trade their boring factory exhaust for nice aftermarket setup?

Any and all advice appreciated.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
First, weclome...

Second, the warranty on your engine is still valid, unless the exhaust is to blame for engine problems-cat failure being the most likely cause. But with aftermarket cats, you should be okay.

Me personally, I wouldn't buy it.
2 reasons-
1.If the exhaust is loud without a load, it will be worse with one, especially if the exuast goes straight out the back. Plus, depending on the exhaust set-up, it could affect your low end torque, which you'll need.
2. If you're consistently towing that much, I'd consider a 3/4 ton. 9,000 is a lot for a half-ton to tow all the time, IMO.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
i would buy it. thats an awesome deal except for its an 07 with 8k miles already. i wouldnt worry about the exaust but if anything for 200 get yourself a new muffler installed or take off your exaust and make nissan warenty it because it fell off while you were driving lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sounds fishy to me. Seems way to cheap makes me wonder about any accidents or any other damage. If its legit then hey its a great deal for you. I would not be concerned about an intake or exhaust being put on. Like was stated before for a couple hundred bucks you could return it to bone stock again...but why would you.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
ghostface i almost picked up a brand new 07 with 5k miles.. it had EVERYTHING except for 4x4... when i say everything it had it all! but 5k miles and no 4x4 turned me to an se... but it was the dealer special. the manager rode around in it for a few months and it was 44k sticker and price was dropped to 30k...if they still had it in december i would pick it up :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts