Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this truck!! I'm looking into getting a cold air intake and an exhaust for this thing. The advice I need is what to get that will give me the best performance. All these website claim to give so much hp and torque, but I want to hear from some people who have this truck and have done stuff to it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I got the Volant CAI and exhaust because John at SoCalMotorsports (a sponsor here and at CT) has a screaming deal on the set, as well as all the good things that I've read about them.
The Volant CAI is super easy to install, in fact, the hardest part is putting on the silicone adaptor...
The CAI has the largest intake tube of all the CAIs out there (I believe) - it's 3.5 inches. The intake filter is HUGE, and the box is sealed against the inner fenderwell, so you don't get any warm air from the engine compartment at all. (Not to mention how b1tch1n it looks!)
The Volant exhaust is stainless, sounds KILLER, and goes on just as easy as taking the stock one off.
I had *both* the CAI and the exhaust on my truck *by myself* in just over an hour, and I had to rehang my exhaust twice because I kept jumping the gun and tightening clamps before I hung the rest of the parts.
The clamps that holds these pipes together are *super* tight...no leaks at all. The exhaust uses the same exact hangers that the stock exhaust uses, so there's no cutting/welding/drilling/etc.

I'd contact John at SoCalMotorsports and mention Psychlone sent you from TT, and he'll give you a screaming deal on the set!!!

Psychlone

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
I would go with a AEM Brute Force CAI, or a Framboost2 CAI. They are both dry filter intakes, and boost HP and Torque!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, I tried to call and email John at socalmotorsports. I never could get anyone to pick up the phone or email me back. Is there another way to get ahold of them? Also, I stopped by a Nissan dealer in GA today and asked them what they say the best way to go is on a CAI. They of course said to go with the nismo system, basically Injen I think. $300 for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts