Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the thing, I want to put in some subs but im audio illiterate. I have the 07 CC with the 6 disc cd changer. I really like the stock stereo, is it possible to have a good sounding system without putting in an aftermarket head unit. I think i wanna run 2 10's. I want to have a good sounding system without spending a fortune. I listen to mainly rock and alternative (disturbed, shinedown, stone sour, slipknot, etc.) What do you guys recommend I do?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Kitts said:
Heres the thing, I want to put in some subs but im audio illiterate. I have the 07 CC with the 6 disc cd changer. I really like the stock stereo, is it possible to have a good sounding system without putting in an aftermarket head unit. I think i wanna run 2 10's. I want to have a good sounding system without spending a fortune. I listen to mainly rock and alternative (disturbed, shinedown, stone sour, slipknot, etc.) What do you guys recommend I do?
There are a ton of options that will satisify you. Do you have the Rockford Fosgate or the regular 6 disc radio?

Check out this thread, this is a recent install that Tech12volts did.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit.../62489-my-music-starting-sound-way-meant.html

Its very simple and the owner is very satisfied.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Have you searched through the audio forum? First and foremost, you will see the vendor tech12volt come up religiously. That is because his work is god-like and you can have that much faith in it. Send him an email. He will not only hook you up, he'll probably make you smarter by saving you lots of trouble and money on your future audio equipment. Just click on his name and then click send private message. The magic starts from there.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i looked through the thread a little bit and seen that 12volt is probably the best option to go through. I have the regular 6 disc I believe. I know its not the rockford. I just wanted to get some opinions on how running a sysytem like this would sound.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
A lot of people really want to keep the in dash 6 disc and thats fine. You wont have all the options that an aftermarket one will give you but if thats fine with you then go for it.

All you need is an LOC (line out converter) amp, box, subs, power kit and some wires.

There are so many posts around here of different peoples installs you shoudl be able to find anything you want.

And yes just subs will make a huge difference!!

PM james or email him at [email protected]

He can get you want you need at good prices.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Kitts said:

yeah the mid grade system sounds much better to me than the RF . It just need bass badly. then later i would do a 4 channel and some comps .

·
Registered
754 Posts
:rollingsm I had the stock stereo system in my titan but I did pretty much everything to mine in audio. I did everything rockford. Alot of it all depends on what brand and if you want good sound quality, bass or both. Post what your looking more towards and I could tell you everything you need. And if you dont have a small spending budget then you can really get your titan to sound great.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Kitts said:
Hit up tech12volt. Your going to want some accurate subs with the type of music you listen to. Here is what I recommend. This is a killer setup for the money and will be a huge upgrade to your factory system.

- Sundown Audio 100.2 amplifier
- Sundown Audio SD-1 10's or Boston Acoustics G110's
- 4 gauge amp kit
- Line out converter
- Tech12volt custome enclosure

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx for all the help guys. From the sounds of things in here, i'd have to be an idiot to not get my audio from tech. With that said i'm sold. He's got my business. Now P with all that stuff you listed, is that all you think i would need? How much is that goin to run (estimate)? and how hard is it to install?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Kitts said:
Dude you are in the same situation I have been for the past few months. Debating, and inquiring about what would best fit my needs in the way of what will work best. For me I was able to overcome one of the biggest questions that dictate what can and cannot work, and that is "How much is this going to cost me?". Thanks to State Farm Insurance Co. for giving me my damn Hurricane Katrina claim money I am now able to do what the hell I want. *sigh* OK I am off my soapbox....at any rate, secondly, ask around on this site, there are tons of guys on here who know alot about this stuff, as I do not. Half of what I know came from them :rockon . Finally, just shop around. I am sure most of the guys on here can tell you what to avoid and what to go after, but some of those opinions can be biased, like myself. I decided to go with JL Audio, because from word of mouth I was biased that, hey...this is the best, but you are kind of paying for a name too which I can understand, but I also want something reputable. You can drive yourself crazy debating the pro's and con's because there are no absolutes really. The best choice you can make is the one you are comfortable with. I decided to just quit pussyfooting around and go all out and get everything I wanted.

I can also tell you that you listen to alot of the same music I do. I listen to a little bit of everything, but I also listen to every group you named. So I can kind of empathize with you if you are wanting something for diverse music choices as mine are. Happy hunting!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts