Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a titan le off road black with a 3 inch lift.

Would these tires be a good size for the truck? Too small?
I found a good deal on them. 285/70/17

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I've got a titan le off road black with a 3 inch lift.

Would these tires be a good size for the truck? Too small?
I found a good deal on them. 285/70/17
I ran that size in the BFG A/T KO, on the OR rims, when I first ran the PRG 4" Performance Pkg, (set to about 3" front and 1.75" rear). Sometimes walking up to the truck they seemed a little small, but other times just right. For a less aggressive tread they'd probably seem smaller, but with a M/T bigger. Here's a couple pics, the first one has maybe 250 pounds of luggage and plywood in the utili-track as a bed cover, so it sits more level overall ...

32.8" LT285/70R17-D BFG A/T KO

The next two pics are with the next size up, the 33.5" LT295/70R17-E Toyo M/T, they filled the wheel wells a little more.

While the next size up, the 34" LT305/70R17-E Nitto Terra Grappler A/T, (click on sig pic to enlarge), fill up the wells a lot, but the rear is now stock height and the front is only 2.5", and they are on aftermarket rims that stick them out 1.4" more.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
NorCal, looking at your pictures is it safe to say 295/70/17 did NOT require PWM and 305/70/17 did require it?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
NorCal, looking at your pictures is it safe to say 295/70/17 did NOT require PWM and 305/70/17 did require it?
Yes, good observation. But it's due to the new wheels. I think the 305's would have fit without trimming on the stock OR rims, (17x7.5 and 5.41" backspacing). [Maybe mudguard removal would still be needed].

The sig pic's Black Rock Viper rims are 17x8 and have a 4.5" backspacing, so stick out 1.4" more than the OR rims, ensuring the rub. Even when I had this setup at 4" is looked like it would have rubbed if I hadn't already done the PWM.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ones I am looking at are Nitto terra Grapplers. They've got 60% tread left and are going for 300 bucks. I'd almost be stupid not to move on them.

Appreciate your help Nor

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread but dam that is a good looking combo NorCal, the 3rd pic down looks bad a$$

·
Registered
795 Posts
I'm running 325/60/18 with just a 2" lvl

New shoes today!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts