Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 titan 4x4 cc that is fully loaded. Its got the gps dash unit that works with the RF 6 cd changer and speakers. A few years ago i added two 10' Memphis M1 subs under the back seat. Consequently, the rear tweeters and door speakers ended giving off a very disturbing, ear piercing noise most times when the truck was on. I was told that this was caused by the factory amp. I myself don't know a whole lot about stereo systems so i need some advice from the pros on here. I've disconnected the tweeters in the back because they weren't producing any music, just the screeching noise. the door speakers screech but not as bad, so i left them alone.

Recently, the front passenger side door speaker has gone out and i'm not sure what to do. Should i just replace the front door speakers, or should i redo the whole system? I need some suggestions on what kind of speakers and HU would work best with my subs. Also, how would i replace the HU without screwing up the gps unit?

I really appreciate any help you guys could send my way.

·
Registered
869 Posts
How did you connect the subs?

·
Registered
869 Posts
In that case take it to another shop and have them take a look at it. It sounds like something wasn't connected properly and over time it killed the rest of the system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts