Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bedlined my grille and fender flares, they came out great but then tried to tape off my my badges on the tailgate. (Not so well) foes any one know where I can buy black badges think I'm going to try to paint the mirror caps and door handles but its a toss up for now

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
they come stock chrome--all of em. remove them from the truck, refinish em, and put em back on.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Try the plasti dip method. jut tape a square off around the letters and spray it on.... let it dry and peel the rest away... this video shows how it works. look around on youtube, theres better videos and worse ones...

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
I just taped up mine. Get some painters tape, razor blade and patience... took me about 2 hours start to finish and they turned out great!

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
I just taped up mine. Get some painters tape, razor blade and patience... took me about 2 hours start to finish and they turned out great!
lets see some pics, i was thinking about doing this:)

Reactions: TEX=TTN

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
cool thanks:)

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks fellas. Think ill try the plasti dip looks simple enough. As for the letters I already tried. Shoudld u just sand em down

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
do the plastidip! it looks great and couldnt be any easier to do. no teadious masking or removing the emblems and trying to put them back on straight

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Think I should have done it the first time like some one else mentioned. Went to pep boys they said I can get it at home d

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Think I should have done it the first time like some one else mentioned. Went to pep boys they said I can get it at home d
I'm hoping you will do this asap and pass on your experience b/c I think if you say it was as easy as the video makes it out to be then I will be doing mine and will be totally blacked out.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I'm hoping you will do this asap and pass on your experience b/c I think if you say it was as easy as the video makes it out to be then I will be doing mine and will be totally blacked out.
It is that easy!

Reactions: rbt

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did the plasti dip ad they came out amazing on the sides. Debating on redoing the tail gate. But it was as easy as the video. Though I learned you should cover a large area around so the paint don't get every where. But comes off easy.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I did the plasti dip ad they came out amazing on the sides. Debating on redoing the tail gate. But it was as easy as the video. Though I learned you should cover a large area around so the paint don't get every where. But comes off easy.
Wax and grease remover on a towel will take any overspray off

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
this is some good stuff, I wonder the same how durable it is, and how expensive I may want to do the hood and my wheels and If I dont like it just peel it off....

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll thinking about doing my hood but that's just a pretty big project. I like the way it works really well. Very happy withstand the out come so far

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
this is some good stuff, I wonder the same how durable it is, and how expensive I may want to do the hood and my wheels and If I dont like it just peel it off....
It's $5 a can at home depot. I'm going to do my bumper whenever home depot gets some more in. They only had two cans when I went last time

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
here is a pic of mine

this one is a pic while peeling it off

Attachments

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
about how many cans you think it would take to paint the hood or the grille and bumper ?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts