Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what kind of bulb i can get to replace my high beam headlights on my 08 titan.. the brightness of the bulbs that come with the truck suck.. i just want a little brighter bulb, i dont want to do a complete mod... thanks

·
Super Moderator
162,298 Posts
Silverstar Ultras are a popular choice. Direct replacement. Much whiter.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
firingpin said:
does anyone know what kind of bulb i can get to replace my high beam headlights on my 08 titan.. the brightness of the bulbs that come with the truck suck.. i just want a little brighter bulb, i dont want to do a complete mod... thanks
Bulb model/type is listed in your owner's manual. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Yes, SilverStar Ultras are a popular item. I changed my stock bulbs to the Ultras and I really like the brighter/crisper light. Granted, it doesn't extend out farther than the normal lights, but it does make them brighter. Install takes about 10 minutes and it's extremely easy.

BTW, the Silverstar Ultra part numbers are 9005 (High Beam) and 9006 (Low Beam)

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey firingpin I have a new set of PIAA Xtreme white plus replacment bulbs(9005) highbeams equivalent to 4000k. I purchaced both high and low beam sets but only used the low beams im extreamly pleased with the light output if your interested im willing to sell and ship them for $50. Thanks

·
Registered
564 Posts
I just put in Silverstar Ultras and love them. My other vehicles have the standard Silverstars. I also swapped out the factory fog bulbs for Silverstars.

I may replace the Ultras with standard Silverstars when they burn out because when the fogs are one I can see a slight difference in the lights - not as bad as the factory but enough to be noticiable.

The factory fogs were yellowish and looked more like shadows when compared to the Ultras.

·
Registered
250 Posts
haven't done it to mine yet but a buddy of mine installed the ultras and for just bulb replacement they turned out really well deff.. can tell the diff..

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
I installed Silverstar Ultras Highs & Lows a few weeks ago. BIG Difference. There's a $10 Rebate going on. Rebate forms should be in the store or are printable from Sylavania's website.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to everyone for the input, brewdog, let me think about that offer ..ill let you know soon..thanks

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
1BadTitan said:
Do your lows stay on while your hi beams are on? My lows go out and makes the highs suck too.
I notice you've got a HID and projector conversion, I wouldn't have expected the wiring to be any different for that but I guess it would have to be if your lows go out when the highs are on. This is not the normal behavior, both should be on at the same time.

I wonder if somehow the lows got tied into the fog lamp circuit, which is disabled when the highs are on.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
This has happened since my truck was brand new. The circuit didnt change when I installed the projectors, they are just housings. And the HID's plug straight into the 9006 low beam socket and thats it.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
1BadTitan said:
This has happened since my truck was brand new. The circuit didnt change when I installed the projectors, they are just housings. And the HID's plug straight into the 9006 low beam socket and thats it.
I've seen quite a few pics of people showing off their High Beam HID's on 2004-2006 models and I don't recall seeing one that does that yet.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts

·
Super Moderator
162,298 Posts
cleoent said:
the SS bulbs last a lot less than the stock bulbs right?
Short answer, yes. But my headlights are on at least 30 minutes of every week day, and a year and a half later mine haven't burned out. So it's not like they're horrible.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Carbeaux said:
Short answer, yes. But my headlights are on at least 30 minutes of every week day, and a year and a half later mine haven't burned out. So it's not like they're horrible.
Same here. I use my headlights even when it is raining and they are still going on an year and almost a half. Watch.... we just jinxed ourselves.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.