Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been reading a lot of threads lately about Bilsteins, including the stickies, and I need to be 100% clear about something.

I recently leveled my truck with 1.5 inch spacers in the front. I do NOT care about ever lifting it (although I'll be going to larger tires soon which will "lift" it a bit naturally).

So are the Bilstein 4600's an exact OEM replacement? What I'm getting at is, I don't want any "weirdness," like an extra 1/2 inch in the front or anything. It's level now, I want to keep it that way, and I don't want to lift. I also don't care about them being adjustable, at least for now.

Basically, my factory shocks/struts have had it and I want quality replacements.

·
Registered
14,131 Posts
4600's for sure

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
14,131 Posts
No way! 5100's look way nicer!!

·
Super Moderator
160,647 Posts
So to muddy it, the new 5100s don't have that half inch lift on the bottom perch any longer. They used to, but no more.

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
Are these the yellow ones? If so then jojo must hate chrome...

·
Super Moderator
160,647 Posts
Easily done. Yellow is for taxis. Taxis do not equal sexy.

·
Registered
14,131 Posts
Hahahhaahha. Get 'em carbeaux

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
I bought some 5100's today and the salesman told me since I have a 2.5" level kit front and a 1" rear block I needed the 5100's instead of the 4600's. I paid $345 shipped for all 4 5100's. oh well!!!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So it looks like I'll be going with the 4600's. Another reason I want to upgrade my struts and shocks is because I'm about to also get a set of LT tires.

·
Super Moderator
160,647 Posts
The valving on the two is quite similar, but there's no reason the 5100s won't work. Like nightowl, I'm sitting on a 2.5" front spacer and a 1" block, and also like him I just bought the 5100s. The blue on the 4600s would look good on a Prius.

Reactions: PaPro4x

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been reading a lot of threads lately about Bilsteins, including the stickies, and I need to be 100% clear about something.

I recently leveled my truck with 1.5 inch spacers in the front. I do NOT care about ever lifting it (although I'll be going to larger tires soon which will "lift" it a bit naturally).

So are the Bilstein 4600's an exact OEM replacement? What I'm getting at is, I don't want any "weirdness," like an extra 1/2 inch in the front or anything. It's level now, I want to keep it that way, and I don't want to lift. I also don't care about them being adjustable, at least for now.

Basically, my factory shocks/struts have had it and I want quality replacements.
Hey! Where did you get your 1.5" spacers? 4600s are in the garage and I'm getting ready to install. Thx

1 - 15 of 15 Posts