Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My door locks started to unlock and lock and now when I go to lock it with the remote it locks but the horn no longer honks. I wanted to know I'd there is a relay that I can check?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Are they randomly locking and unlocking themselves??

·
Registered
686 Posts
It's the switch in the arm rest. Usually what happens is it gets wet in there and starts shorting out. The switch can easily be removed from the top of the armrest by simply prying up on it. Check all the connections for corrosion and clean it up good. If that does not fix the problem then the switch might be bad. As far as the hon goes, check your fuses while your at it.

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's the switch in the arm rest. Usually what happens is it gets wet in there and starts shorting out. The switch can easily be removed from the top of the armrest by simply prying up on it. Check all the connections for corrosion and clean it up good. If that does not fix the problem then the switch might be bad. As far as the hon goes, check your fuses while your at it.
Will do thanks, the horn works it just when I go to lock it with the remote. It use to honk and ever since the lock started to glitch the horn when I go to lock it no longer beeps.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Right before you pop out the switch, remove the negative battery cable and leave it off for about an hour to reset everything, that might get your horn working again when you lock it.

Reactions: blt4war

·
Registered
152 Posts
You can activate/deactivate the horn function from the remote. I believe you hold both lock and unlock down until it switches modes. I'm sure someone here knows or a quick search should bring it up.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Good info there, I didn't know you could do things like that with the fob, what else can you program with the fob??

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Good info there, I didn't know you could do things like that with the fob, what else can you program with the fob??

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide App
You can press and hold the unlock button on the fob to roll down front two windows.

·
Registered
506 Posts
You can activate/deactivate the horn function from the remote. I believe you hold both lock and unlock down until it switches modes. I'm sure someone here knows or a quick search should bring it up.
Yes you said it correctly, and make the windows go down by press and hold down the unlock button.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts