Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver side Volant LED tail is doing a fast blink so I am going to add an Electronic Flasher.

Since I can't post a link yet because I am a NEWBIE please follow these instructions.

1) Google this> ELECTRONIC LED FLASHERS
We now offer 2-Pin and 3-Pin (1/4 inch spade lug type) LED compatible Flasher Units in this category

2) Click the first Google result and scroll down until you hit the Electronic LED Flashers

3) Read it and then Click the MORE INFO button.

4) Tell me if any of those will work on our truck.

THANKS!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Just a simple question, but are you sure that your front driver signal bulb is not burned out? Burned out bulbs will affect the flash frequency.

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
definately NOT a bulb or a grounding problem.

The Volant LED tails have some kind of internal flasher mechanism because LED blink faster because they run lower current.

Mine is shot.

Does anyone know if one of those in that link will fit our truck?

·
Super Moderator
159,635 Posts
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure. But I don't think the Volants have an internal flasher. It's the lower resistance of LED's that make the truck think the bulb is burnt out and flash faster I believe. So there should be an internal resistor built in to the Volants. Maybe that's shot?

·
Super Moderator
159,635 Posts
If it's the internal resistor, then I'm not sure that putting a second flasher on your tail light would be the best solution. You still have a flasher in your truck, and it's going to be trying to flash, and now you're going to put another flasher in the same loop. I'm not sure what the results would be, but I don't think it will be what you desire. Can you not replace that resistor?

I'm having a hard time following the link you want to show. Sorry.

·
Super Moderator
159,635 Posts

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yea That's the Link!

So I want the Load Resistor and not the flasher. Makes sense.

What does"One LOAD Resistor is required for each turn signal bulb" mean. The Volants have like 30 LED bulbs.

Thanks!

·
Registered
176 Posts
The standard bulb requires more power to operate than LEDs. The load resistor makes the system think it still has a standard bulb attached. The flasher is part of the BCM and can't be replaced. Get a load resistor for the bulb to balance the system out.

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just to put this to bed.

My mechanic installed new EXTERNAL load resistor and that solved the problem. He claims the Volant EXTERNAL load resistors are crap. He had to install one on the other side as well because the blinking wasn't coordinated. I got a little over a year out of the stock Volant Load Resistors.

All hail the Volants.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts