Nissan Titan Forum banner

Need feedback on these items please!

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  busemans 
#1 ·
Ok so here's what I'm getting for my truck this paycheck. Please tell me what you think!

New Grill! :bump: 04-07 Nissan Titan Black 2.0 Mesh Package Billet Grille | eBay

Grill Badge (If you're looking at front of grill it's going to be on the bottom right) MITSUBISHI NISMO 3D Front Grille Grill Badge Emblem | eBay

Nismo windshield decal (I've already got a nice tint strip for it to lay over so it will be easily visible) NISMO WINDSHIELD BANNER 40" DECAL STICKER VINYL NISSAN | eBay

I also just got my new custom decal today. It's on my back window centered. The only problem is I have to make SURE it's dry and on good before i roll that window down and I could only get it 12x12 because the back window is only 12.5. Here is what it looks like: http://i.imgur.com/qapkF.jpg

I want to get some nismo badges to go under "V8 TITAN". I'm sure some of you are wondering why I'm getting all of this nismo stuff. Well, not only does it look great :teethmast but I plan on combining my bonus and rest of extra money to get the nismo catbacks and intake. Also my dad works for Nissan so he always brings me some cool nismo/nissan stuff back here, and I'm just an overall general fan. Anyways, thanks for looking guys, let me know what you think. -David

See less See more
#2 ·
The one good thing about that grille is that it is a full replacement for the OEM grille, not a grille cover. Kind of hard to say how good it looks without seeing it on a Titan.

The decal is too flashy for me. But I'm old and cranky so don't listen to me.

#4 ·
Thanks for the input guys. That's actually the second decal, the first one ripped and I was pretty upset. @HRTKD you sound like my father haha. I got it because it has a lot of meaning to me, I didn't want to get just some decal like a ducks unlimited or something. Then again I'm not sure which decal you're talking about. Anyways this is what I'm about to order tonight and I'm glad you think the grill looks good, that gives me some peace of mind.

#5 ·
Looks good, sometimes those eBay products can be a little questionable on quality though and fit with those low prices. I have the grillcraft mx series and love it, they make top and bottom. It costs a little more but the quality is definitely there. You do have to cut the factory grill though but it is simple.

#6 ·
Well right now, it seems like a safe bet. The seller has a really high/good feedback rate so I'm wanting to go with it. And if it doesn't work out, oh well. I don't really have the time and patience to scrape the web for the best and best deal. The installation seems simple enough too.

#7 ·
I had/have that same grill, but I took it off. After a few weeks it starts to sag and get wavy along the top. I have heard this from other people around here as well. Its too bad because it looked nice when it wasnt wavy. If I were you I would keep looking...

#8 ·
Your money your truck but as stated about that grille you will be searching the web in a few months anyway spending even more money. Never understood buying junk just to buy it and then turn around later and spend even more to get a quality piece. If you want that type of grill hold off on all the stickers and save a little more money and get a RC1 grill or RBP. The one you are going to buy is $5 mesh on $5 plastic.

#9 · (Edited)
The grille really isnt that bad. I bought it about a month ago, knowing that i might get some POS. Took me about 2 hrs to get it on and mostly strait. there is a wave in the top in front of the hood latch, but it will be fixed by a piece of angle shortly. Its rattle-can colormatched untill i get the funds to get the front end repainted. Ill add pics when i get a chance.

Reactions: Cameron450r
#11 ·
Mack, how long have you had that grill on there? Mine ended up getting far more warped than yours is now. I didnt take a picture of how it ended up but it was very noticeable. It took mine a few weeks to about a month for the sag to totally set in.

#12 ·
Had it about a month. I tweak it weekly probably. At first it had some sag, but I put some towels b/n it and the bumper and it moved it up and its stayed. The problem is the mesh. It's bent to a tighter radius than the oem grille. I bent it out horizontally and vertically and it fit pretty good.

#14 ·
#15 ·
Anyone able to help point me in the right direction..I’ve done my own version of the 1st gen all mesh grille mod (all open no oem grille) but wasn’t able to find a strong material big enough to fit the 52” width opening at its widest from headlight to headlight, with a slight curve.
Imo, I like the super thick hex ABS plastic but have only seen pieces sizing up to 48” in length (usually ebay).

Does anyone know where you can find a longer piece? Like the look when I did my first proto with a flimsy mesh but..could be much better with better material.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.