Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Man am I frickin sick of these stock ranchos. They suck off the road.

Soooo, I checked out Greg's website and I don't really feel like spending $1200 on shocks right now. I saw that he has the RADFLO 2" COILOVERS for $700 and that sounds like a price I would pay. Does anyone know how these coilovers perform? I have a 7" CST lift my truck right now. Would I need any new parts to run new coilovers? Like maybe new control arms or something else? If these aren't freat shocks I may bite the bullet and buy the more expensive ones :crying:

Oh yea, I see how it says you can raise the height from 0-3" for these shocks. Now wouldn't this leave the front end sitting higher than the back? What can I do to even out the back if I already have 4" spacers in the back?

How much would the installation cost on this?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Ok so I read the write up that Greg did on the shocks.

Radflo-These are a 2" dia body race shock. rebuildabel, revalvable. These have an external reservoir and are custom valved for the titan. We offer these in 3 different lengths to get the optimum performance form your lift. These are, in most opinions, the best riding of all the available shocks for the Titan. we set these up as to make then 100% bolt on and to keep the bearing (uni ball) mounts.

These are just a bolt on application it seems like. No other parts required? Seems like the best set of shocks for the money.

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Those 2" Radflo's are for non-bracket lifted Titans. It's a direct replacement for the stock coilover, meaning that you would still have to use the large spacer that is currently stacked ontop of your stock Rancho C/O. You could use that shock, but really isn't the correct way to do things.

And as far as installation of the front coilovers, putting it simply, a monkey could do it.

Remove the wheel.
Unbolt the sway bar endlinks.
Remove the nut that secures the spindle to the Upper Control Arm.
Using a 5# sledge, smack the spindle upright to seperate the spindle from the UCA/Balljoint. Be cautions during this step to not let the spindle go flopping around as the ABS wire could become disconnected from the wheel bearing.
Remove lower shock bolt on the LCA.
Remove the three nuts ontop of the coilbucket.
Remove the shock/spacer combo.

Install new coilover, installing the three nuts and lower shock bolt.
Reattach spindle upright to UCA.
Install wheel.

Repeat for other side.

Many have suggested removing the sway bar assembly completely. Or you can simply reattach the sway bar endlinks.

Cost=Free

These are the ones you want, or else the SAW (Sway-A-Ways".
RADFLO 2.5" RESERVOIR RAISED TRUCK COILOVERS
These RADFLO 2.5" RAISED TITAN COILOVERS WITH RESERVOIRS are the best on the market for use with lifted Titans. They offer adjustable ride height (spanner wrench included) and the highest quality Eibach or King springs. You may choose red or blue coils. These coilovers are manufactured especially for us using Greg's Titan-specific valving. The reservoir can be mounted on the fender support using the reservoir mounting kit (included) or the tabs can be welded to the frame or coilbucket for a different look.

$1249 - FREE SHIPPING

Just call Greg and he'll hook you up. IMHO though, it's worth saving up the extra$$$ for the correct shocks.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
54warrior said:
Those 2" Radflo's are for non-bracket lifted Titans. It's a direct replacement for the stock coilover, meaning that you would still have to use the large spacer that is currently stacked ontop of your stock Rancho C/O.
yes, 2" is a stock replacement but I don't think you can use the spacer on top of a radflo ...

54warrior said:
These RADFLO 2.5" RAISED TITAN COILOVERS WITH RESERVOIRS are the best on the market for use with lifted Titans.
$1249 - FREE SHIPPING
Greg also has this 2.5" radflo w/internal res. that a little less expensive, I think they were $1099..

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alrighty, thx for the info. I guess I will have to spend a little more unless he has some used or rebuilt ones on hand. I'll probably attempt the install if I have the time when I get the shocks. I have very minimal mechanical knowledge so I hope I don't F up.

Do the coilovers even add height to the front? If it does, how can I raise my rear end to match the height?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
billaj said:
Do the coilovers even add height to the front? If it does, how can I raise my rear end to match the height?
not if you don't want them to .... and if you did, you could add a deaver pack, as I assuming you have the monstrous 4" block out back right now

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I do have the 4" block in the back.

I just called him and bought the Radflo 2.5" internal reservoir's. He said that with the CST 7" kit my front should be hanging about 1" lower than the back so I don't have to worry about doing anything to the back when I put them on.

sweet!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can't wait for these shocks to come in. I went offroading today and my shocks were bottoming out sooo bad.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I tried to install it but I couldn't even get the spindle to disconnect. I don't have anything to fit in the tiny area on the CST spindle to get the bolt off that connects the spindle to the UCA. :crying:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I thought they had to be valved for the Titan. I thing greg's are customed valved right?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
AF-Medic said:
I thought they had to be valved for the Titan. I thing greg's are customed valved right?
From what I hear, you are correct, in that he specifies the valving on all three lengths, and selects the springs for them and assembles them. I don't know if Greg uses a 625lb coil rate for all three lengths/applications, (per the geniric link), but this seems very generic and coincidental, (like they just throw on the same coil).

Generically valved shocks are supposed to sux, except for DRs, (but Greg helped them with getting the valving dialed in for the Titan on these).

So having a professional suspension expert select the springs and their rate, and specify the valving, or paying him a few hundred if you buy generic ones to have him revalve them, and possibly replace the coils, is the way to go. But much cheaper to buy from him in the first place. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
NorCal 4x4 said:
From what I hear, you are correct, in that he specifies the valving on all three lengths, and selects the springs for them and assembles them. I don't know if Greg uses a 625lb coil rate for all three lengths/applications, (per the geniric link), but this seems very generic and coincidental, (like they just throw on the same coil).

Generically valved shocks are supposed to sux, except for DRs, (but Greg helped them with getting the valving dialed in for the Titan on these).

So having a professional suspension expert select the springs and their rate, and specify the valving, or paying him a few hundred if you buy generic ones to have him revalve them, and possibly replace the coils, is the way to go. But much cheaper to buy from him in the first place. :cheers:

Greg uses a 700 lb spring. And you know the valving is different, and I'm pretty sure Greg runs a higher pressure nitrogen charge.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts